Clear all

RHCP strike again!

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I just saw the RHCP in Milwaukee last night and I just HAD to tell someone! It was the most amazing musical experience of my life!
They opened up with Can't Stop and rocked the house the whole concert through. The lighting was amazing, the energy was contagious, and I was pleased to hear a few older songs like Funky Monk thrown into the mix. Flea and Frusciante are easily a couple of the funnest (and best) players around.
About three-quarters of the way into it, though, some idiot in the front row threw beer up at Flea...yeah, Mr. Balzary did NOT like that, let me tell you. Great show though, gave "Snow" a whole new meaning. (We have about 24" on the ground!)

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like you had a good time! 8) I couldn't make it to Milwaukee with all this snow... my dog sled is in the shop! :lol: J/K, glad you enjoyed the show. I'll have to catch the Peppers sometime.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yep, it's a shame it's almost the end of their tour though :cry:

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

That's one of the few bands I'd really like to see that I haven't...sounds like it was a great show

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

About three-quarters of the way into it, though, some idiot in the front row threw beer up at Flea...yeah, Mr. Balzary did NOT like that, let me tell you.)
How did he react?

This could be potentially crucial information and I'd like to hear how the pros handle it.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

He promptly displayed his middle finger to the fan. (I believe he used his right hand<---very crucial) :)

Then he said, "Hey *expletive*, why don't you come up here and throw *expletive* beer at me!" :x
Everybody in the crowd booed the idiot and started cheering Flea! :P

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

I hate the new-RHCP.

ReplyQuote
(@skoty)

They are coming to my home town in a cople of weeks :D Getting concert tickets was a mission but should be a good one. Hopefully they will be playing alot of there older stuff.

ReplyQuote