Clear all

Rush - Snakes & Arrows Live

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Rush's Snakes & Arrows Live was released today and it is definitely worth buying. Great sound, which is a given with live Rush. Since I bought it online (Amazon $18), I don't know if it only one show or tracks from different shows, but I know the track list is from an entire show. I'm pretty sure it's the same set list from when I saw them in Atlanta. So far, it's an excellent live CD (I'm on track 20 out of 27, Malignant Narcissism w/ Peart's solo in the middle of it).

Some highlights...
Limelight
Entre Nous
Circumstances
Natural Science
Witch Hunt
Most of Snakes & Arrows

Bass player for Undercover

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Haven't bought it yet, but it's on my shopping list! I might wait until after I see them on the current tour, just to keep it fresh.

The current set list is a little different than last year's, though I think the S&A material is the same.

As to the CD recording, it was done over two nights in Rotterdam. I think they also made a DVD of the same, but it's not being released until later this year.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

It's split across two nights in Holland, but it is the full show - bearing in mind they do take a break during the show.

I've been playing it loud in the car since Monday. It really was a great live show - I caught it at Wembley

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I dug out a notebook where I had written the set list from when I saw them in Atlanta. It's the exact set list, with one exception. In Atlanta, they played Summertime Blues where Distant Early Warning is on the album. I know they had 2 different set lists during the tour. I'm going to see them in Cincinnati in June, I hope (and assume) they will have a new set list for this year's tour. I can't wait til June 30, last year I took my oldest son (he'll be 16 in a few weeks); this year I'm taking both my sons. With me and his brother being such fans, my 11 year old didn't have a chance at resisting being a Rush fan. :)

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@billyboy)
Estimable Member

Love da Rush. But I'm waiting for the concert DVD.. rumor is there will be one by Sept.

Saw Rush twice last summer on the first leg of Snakes and Arrows. Here's one of my pics from Concord, CA.

"In my dreams your blowin' me... some kisses" - Lets Duet - Dewford Randolph Cox

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Love da Rush. But I'm waiting for the concert DVD.. rumor is there will be one by Sept.

The latest word according to RushIsABand is early November for the DVD release, largely because they got footage of the four "new" songs from the second leg of the tour and are adding it to the DVD. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Looks like Nov 25th is now the official DVD release date. Hopefully Santa will put this in my Christmas stocking.

Low-rez preview:
http://www.rounder.com/rush/yyz1.html

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Mmm... I don't like the way in which is mixed: too many shots and camera movements. I have a couple of DVDs that I can only listen them for that reason. Perhaps it is just this song.

However, I want to learn more on Rush. I only have an old CD and I'd like to buy some DVD concerts. I'll wait for a review!

ReplyQuote