5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

Tonight I was seeing to Stuart Hamm. The show was a "clinic". It was organized by Hartke and Adagio (the store in which I buy my gear).

Really funny man and a great player. I never heard about him before but this week the salesman in my store phone me to give me a couple of invitations for the event. I learnt a lot. I didn't know a bass could sound in that way. He played a version of Clair de lune by Beethoven with tapping. Amazing.

Nuno

PD. Sorry, this post could be in the opinions or shows forums also. Please, mods, move to the correct forum if it is wrong.

(@97reb)
Noble Member

Yeah, great bass player. Saw him live a few years ago in one of the bands he played in. I hope your experience of his personality was positive. He seemed to not like the situation he was in at the time or something because he was rather distant and :oops: "rude" when I met him after his set.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Great player!

I've been working on-and-off with his version of Linus & Lucy for six months and I'm nowhere close!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@mmoncur)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the link! I had a "soundpage" recording of Hamm doing "Linus and Lucy" that inspired me to take up the bass years ago.

That didn't work out, but I still love his work.

Here's a great solo that ranges from classical to downright silly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2iGJryxtPc&feature=related

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Have seen him play a few times. He's amazing. 1st time was with Joe Satriani in a small club in NYC.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote