Useful guitar videos

14 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@avikchaks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hiya

i just got myself a few guitar videos and thought i'd share my opinions with y'all .

*) Rock Discipline ( by john petrucci ) . - this videos jus awesome and basically about developing the right technique using long practice sessions .. the end bit abt makin a song using chords was jus gr8 .

*) Pentatonic Hardcore ( by zak wylde ) - well in certain parts .. this guy looked drunk .. he showed a few pentatonic licks as expected but the icing was a vocal performance with a 12 string at the end ....

*) Hot licks by Yngwie malmsteen - well he needs to stick to just playin .. teachin aint his business .. as many hv commented after seeing the video .. he plays the lick fast and then says , " now i'll play iy slow " .. and then replays the lick at the same speed .. :shock:

hv u guys come across any intresting videos .. plz share !

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

prices? where you purchased?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

I ran across this yesterday. It's a clip from the Petrucci video. Cool stuff. I love Google Video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8267384235298108577&q=petrucci

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@avikchaks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

well let's not b too legal abt these

i used p2p for these .. i wud buy them if the manufacturer of these disks sold em in my country ..

but it's hard enough not being able to afford guitar classes ... need all the help i can get

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Well if you wanna learn to shred, Michael Angelo's "Speed Kills" is the DVD bible. The mans practically a freak, the stuff he can do! He's totally souless and mechanical in his playing, but that means you pick up good technique :lol:

As for Yngwie's video...I downloaded that. Theres nothing in it you cant learn from simply playing a bit of his stuff! :?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I think it all comes with years of practice.An hour of a video won't do wonders...imo

ReplyQuote
(@avikchaks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@rahul
no offence mate .. but an hour of video is not supposed to make u play like the instructors
but it's supposed to provide u wid insights , inspiration , motivation and direction

guitar playin can get monotonous at times ... even if there's nothing else u'd rather be doing :-)
watch Rock discipline .. and u'll surely improve as a guitarist if u incorporate JP's instruction in ur personal playing .

it 's main purpose is to show u mainly wat a professional guitarist plays like .. and how much ground u need to cover to get there ...

also if u find the time and inclination ... ddl all the g3 's featuring satch and his fruitcake wid guest guitarist ... if u hv neither ..

D. Hodge rocks

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Speaking of G3, I found this gem yesterday as well. It's an older G3, filmed in Denver, CO. Vai and Satriani, but Yngwie (sp?) instead of Petrucci.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3593623584137678217&q=satriani

Man, I love google video.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@hawken)
Trusted Member

Don't know how useful it is, but I really enjoyed this.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4098599485090093464&q=guitar

ReplyQuote
(@nichttschad)

Well if you wanna learn to shred, Michael Angelo's "Speed Kills" is the DVD bible. The mans practically a freak, the stuff he can do! He's totally souless and mechanical in his playing, but that means you pick up good technique :lol:
I've used that. My picking got quite a bit better. I don't know if it was that itself because I was using many other things at the same time, but I think "Speed Kills" was pretty good.

ReplyQuote
(@nichttschad)

Well, more importantly than that, he spells exercise XRCIZE. The man is hardcore.

ReplyQuote
(@avikchaks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey

jus finished watching marty friedman's melodic control .. he talks at length about how best to follow chords when u r soloing over them ... it's a pretty informative though marty looked stoned at times ..

ReplyQuote
(@nichttschad)

Oh, do you have the Pentatonic Hardcore tab by any chance?

ReplyQuote
(@waspo)

Tab here: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ymjumjwmyt

ReplyQuote