Clear all

Is you guitar playing stuck in a rut?? 7 days amazing result

10 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone see this thing plastered all over guitarnoise?? I read the webpage and it seems to focus on scales and their fretboard locations. 25 dollar dvd, has anyone tried this?? what did you think??? It guarantees 3 day results.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Thankfully we live in a simple world. Amazing results are to be had by working amazingly hard. If you want to learn scales you can do so just fine without spending $25 on a DVD. General rule: if the ad is about music and contains the words 'easy' and 'quick' you can ignore it. Get a good book or a lesson with a good teacher instead and leave the amazing results to the lazy people.

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Thankfully we live in a simple world. Amazing results are to be had by working amazingly hard. If you want to learn scales you can do so just fine without spending $25 on a DVD. General rule: if the ad is about music and contains the words 'easy' and 'quick' you can ignore it. Get a good book or a lesson with a good teacher instead and leave the amazing results to the lazy people.

Agree :!: :!: :!:

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i'm not sure who but i think it was a famous golfer, summed it up nicely.
"The more I practice , the luckier I get"

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

wasn't that yogi berra? i might be wrong...but it sounds like something Yogi might have said.

there is no "get rich quick" scheme for music. you gotta put in your time and learn it the right way. no good guitarist got that way from one dvd.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@aroundtheclaxon)
Estimable Member

ya dude thats kinda silly but u know what i got this island like 40 miles of the coast i think you might be interested in..........................................

Head Arcitech at Vandelay Instudries

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Let someone try and then comment.I sure don't have 25 $ for this DVD.I would like to get littlebrother's dvds or Live 8 dvd instead.

Also a capo and a couple of strings can a be a better investment of that money.Cha-Ching :D

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Many people have done just that. Do a search. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

If you are referring to Andrew's DVD, I DID buy it and try it........

There is no magic, there ARE results if you do it and work at it.
Andrew offers what a good guitar teacher would in a short period of time.

He emphasizes many exercises to help with abilities, abilities often lacking with us beginners. I used to always avoid using my pinky but the exercises forced me to use all of my fingers and now I can get those 4 fret stretches, for example. Stretching, dexterity and individuality are the first improvements you would see if you PRACTICED.

He also sends you e-mail for the fretboard knowledge. No magic here, if you speed-read through it, it will do no good. You have to put your time and efforts into it.

The DVD is a tool that you have to use to get anything out of it. It is a series of disciplined exercises that you have to work on daily. Again, there is no 'magic' as it is percieved by the advertising and not a 'scam' either or Guitarnoise would not allow it to be on this site.........if you do what Andrew says, as with any guitar teacher, you HAVE to improve in a week's time.

Unfortunately for me, the DVD was locking up in my player and in my second DVD player, it would not recognize the format he used to record it. Andrew sent me a 2nd DVD to possibly rectify the problem but still no good, he refunded my money.

I would have rather he changed his recording format.

Was it worth the money? Yes. I got more out of that $25 DVD (what I was able to view of it) than I did with three $35 dollar lessons with my teacher who was only interested in teaching me modes that I could print off of at least 100 websites.

But this isn't really the right board for this thread. There is a lesson's review forum specifically for instruction tools.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

There is a review already on GN located here:
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=4970

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote