Clear all

A new cover for Moves Like Jagger!

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tammy-s)
Topic starter  

Hey all!

I've recently recorded a cover for Moves Like Jagger, Maroon 5 & Christina's song. All the accompaniment that you hear was made entirely by an awesome new IPad app called Geo Synth. The video features Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater) and was arranged, produced and recorded by Eyal Amir (Project RNL). I did the vocals.

You can check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8gffhbeUhs

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Tammy

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

I think it is a nice clean take on Maroon 5's current hit, and it adds a jazzy and more professional dimension, with the arrangement and voice. It is much better than a poorly-worded cover of Stefani's Hollaback Girl by Cobra Starship.

Please don't listen to Hollaback Boy, I only mention it because it is a great idea for emerging artists to cover a known quantity and a popular song, and then release it on youtube where it gets hits, accidentally or on purpose, and becomes known.

I seriously love your indie experimental and new jazz and perhaps you can share your Myspace and website with us. Why not, this link and your cover are so good, that you might put us on to your sites, your artistry which is excellent, and performances. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@tammy-s)
Topic starter  

Oh I'm sooo checking out Hollaback Boy now :P

Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it! I'm usually in the jazz side of music (well spotted!), you can check out my stuff here:
www.TammyScheffer.com

Eyal Amir did more of these videos, check out his previous project: http://www.youtube.com/user/ProjectRnL
The Eminem cover is my favorite :)

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

I really enjoyed that video and their take on Slim Shady. Thanks for sharing. All of those works are so loaded with talent, interesting new textures, phrasing and rhythm and splendid variations in time signatures too!

Speaking of which, you also excel with your 'signature' sound (if I may say so) in your interesting and effective soprano-plus-lower registers. That's a cool place to sing and work your unique voice, also it is very artisic and interesting, pleasant too.

Your style is refreshing but also very elegant and classy, and combines pop/rock with jazz improvisation and so much more.

Yes, a big feature which you have nailed, and you do it so pleasingly... is delivering new textures and personal music, non standard jazz.

Goodness gracious, you should be on the Letterman Show with our (Thunder Bay's) Paul Schaffer! I hope you can connect with them and let us know when you'll be appearing? I have 2 songs with lyrics already demoed for your consideration. I would like to get them to you somehow, and if not possible, I could have my synthesizer son put them on youtube - I'm just not sure yet? :wink:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote