Notifications
Clear all

Axl Rose

18 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

My best guess on your questions about his voice is alcohol, drugs, screaming, and maybe even a bit of falling from his pedistol were things that ruined it. Ya gotta breath, you have to take care of the strings (Vocal chords in this case) and you gotta feel comfortable playing it. Its true of guitar and singing.

Geoo

Axl also chained smoked like it was going out of style. I remember seeing Metallica making fun of him on TV cause they said he was back stage with a vodka in one hand and was chain smoking cigarettes and complaining about his voice being scratchy are hoarse and not know if he'd be able to go out and sing. I mean like HELLO.

But i do love the old Guns N Roses. the music rocks and stil does and I still listen to the older stuff from time to time and did this past weekend. The problem for me is, when the only original member now is Axl.....it's not GnR anymore. Bring back Slash and duff and Matt, izzy, I'll go buy the CD. But i'm not buying that crap he's putting out now. sorry

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Bring back Slash and duff and Matt, izzy, I'll go buy the CD. But i'm not buying that crap he's putting out now. sorryAye, people don't realise how much of the GnR sound was Izzy's influence...

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@scottish-nutter)
Trusted Member

axl has been my fav singer since i first heard him way back in 88 i think it was, i saw the new version of gnr at glasgow a few weeks ago and they were very good, it was a shame slash wasnt there but axl has always been gnr for me and a lot of people, as for the new songs, i think they are all very good but they may not be the same as the album versions because they are demos, iv heard a few diff demos of welcome to the jungle and it wasnt good but the album verson is one of my favs

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2