Clear all

Bottoming Out

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dave-t)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have this problem singing some songs, particularly those in the key of G.

I can get started reasonably well, but then I lose volume and go so low as to be just a rumble. I've tried:

Tuning down a half step to try and match my range
Capoing up a fret to force myself to start higher

Not much happened with these methods.

I have not done much to transpose to a different key, so maybe this is a solution

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

can we have a clip of your voice, im not really sure what to say. i dont no what could be causing it, i had trouble keeping a level note in the lower register, it would wobble a bit. but not rumble. maybe try positioning your voice in the top of your chest of head (not as easy as it sounds, takes a bit of practice) so your not singing from your belly?

ReplyQuote
(@dave-t)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

coleclark:

Alas, no way for me to post a clip.

I though I wa supposed to sing from down in the belly?!

DT

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

um...kinda...diaphragm is a bit above the 'belly' but you really have to position the sound in a place where you can produce it cleanly and comfortably. diaphragm is to control the breath and in the long run the breath controls the note we sing, so the technique comes from the 'belly' but the formation on the sound is in the head (despite what some people say) and chest area. try messing aorund with it, 'nn' sound is good for positioning in head voice and
'ah' is good for chest/belly

ReplyQuote