Notifications
Clear all

Damaged

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@aevan)
Topic starter  

I have a question. I was sick for about a year with tonsillitis, had them out a little over a year ago but the doctor said there was lots of scarring, and I can feel the change in my vocal range. It's gotten better, but I can't think of any ways to recover faster....and I really miss being able to sing at full capacity.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

(my first post ;))

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Aevan! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Sorry I can't help you with your question, but I'm sure someone here will! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@aevan)
Topic starter  

thank you thank you!
i'm hoping to post a few of my songs up...maybe even an mp3?

I just started writing and I'm gonna take guitar lessons :) very excited about finding this resource

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member

hello Aevan!
scarring eh? well i suggest doing lots of scales and trills, at first at a lower volume, and then as the weeks go by raise your power and projection. What this will do is stretch your muscles and your throat and because of your scar tissue, you should be doing this everytime you sing. Drink lots of fluids, preferrably warm when you sing or practice, infact drink lots of fluids in general, your throat will thank you. You will be back to full power in no time... just remember to warm up!
Hope this helped :D

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

If you had them removed a year ago your as recovered as your going to get. What you need to do now is practice. Your vocal cords are just like any other muscle the more you use them properly the better shape they are in.
And welcome aboard, good to have you join us. :D

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@aevan)
Topic starter  

thanks for the advice guys!
First guitar lesson tonight :D

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear about the medical problem.

I agree with the others, although you might benefit from an experienced vocal teacher too. Mine had a degree in some sort of vocal therapy and while it was almost overkill for my situation, I can see where someone like her could help someone like you. Probly not much help but its a thought.

Keep us updated and warm welcomes to GN!!

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote