Clear all

I don't sing but...

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I don't sing but I've been messin' around here and there just trying to sing a few lines of some songs I really like playing on guitar. For the love of God! it seems I'm always singing (a guess) a whole step too low. :shock: Mind you I don't have any training. Still, you'd figure after playing guitar 5 years and knowing chords I could sort of get it. Further, I figure I could at least get closer to the right (always higher) pitch.

So then I finally hit the note (+/- a zillion cents) pretty good and move on. It's like my voice says "No, that's too high." Heck, it could even be a G and that certainly easily in a mans's vocal range. Oh well, just venting for the non-singer. I'm amazed at how much work it takes to get a sound out of the mouth and sustain it while singing a line.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

(@rahul)
Famed Member

Good to hear that you are trying to sing. You are far better than those who don't even make an effort to sing. Singing is the most natural expression of music.

Don't care about the people who tell you how bad you are or how you suck while you sing. You can say that you sing for your own happiness and that's enough motivation for you. You are better than what you think.

Hence, keep singing. You (and everyone else) can sing with some determination.

Good Luck.

ReplyQuote