Notifications
Clear all

I got interested in singing (file incl.), help out =P

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@brinstar)
Topic starter  

Excuse the odd "first song to learn how to sing" but...

I've never really been into singing except for when I'm drunk or something (the tension in my throat is much more relaxed then haha), but obviously when I'm sober or drunk it doesn't sound good in my opinion! Although I'm always up for practicing since I enjoy it. Although taking lessons isn't something I plan to do at least not this year.

Anyway here's a quick recording I made but since I can't play guitar and don't got a karaoke version the artist is a bit as a backup singer in the background (luckily or it'd sound even worse I guess :lol:) but anyways, his singing style is what fits me the most I feel, and I know that I'm falsetto:ing way badly or wrong or too much, also my voice cracks/goes way too high in the beginning of the song clip hahaha, umm I can also feel my throat being too tight and having too much tension at times... I've tried singing from my stomach but it's easier said than done, I don't think I use head voice at times even. :| confusing. Breathing techniques is also something I don't think of. Also it might be a bit too much copycat over it and that I might not incorporate much of my own style but yeah...

If you have any suggestions or tips mainly about his singing style and what he's using and so on, what to think of etc. then that'd be really cool.

Here's my clip, even if it's the most hilarious odd thing you've heard then I don't mind hearing that.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmbrrwtjzed

Here's a live recording of him singing it, it differs from the original a bit but he's always like that adding new lyrics and such. Also obviously not his best performance I guess but it doesn't matter as I'd be happy to sing like that even though it's basic stuff I guess :oops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdXXgppVU4c

Anyway take care :oops: ,

(@david_mohn)
Trusted Member

also my voice cracks/goes way too high in the beginning of the song clip hahaha, umm I can also feel my throat being too tight and having too much tension at times... I've tried singing from my stomach but it's easier said than done, I don't think I use head voice at times even. :| confusing. Breathing techniques is also something I don't think of. Also it might be a bit too much copycat over it and that I might not incorporate much of my own style but yeah..

I think you pretty much hit it on the head in your post.
1. This song is too high for you. Try something in your vocal range.
2. Your throat is tight with too much tension, because you are straining to reach notes that your voice is not ready to handle.
3. "Singing from the stomach" is another way to say Breathe right. Push the breath from your gut, not your chest. Makes a big difference.
4. Very much trying to copycat someone else's singing. It never works. Sing with your own voice not one that you are trying to borrow from someone else.

You have a good voice and a lot of potential, but you need to learn and practice the correct techniques, and it could be so much better.

Dave

ReplyQuote