Clear all

Listen to a newbie's clips?

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@eunice_hairburger)
Topic starter  

Hey all :D

Anyone who's interested, I'd REALLY appreciate any sort of constructive feedback (criticism as well as support/compliments are both equally welcome) on my voice. As I said in the intro thread ("Start Here"), I don't know what I'm doing in terms of singing...anything I do is all instinctive and I've been doing it for many years for fun, in the privacy of my own home.

Thanks!!

www.soundclick.com/germpatterson

(@hobson)
Noble Member

I listened to "Music of the Night" and "Clowns." Wow, you have quite a range! Your voice is interesting on "Music of the Night," but beautiful in "Clowns." I think the range on "Clowns" is better for you. Then I listened to "Halleluiah," which shows off a lot of your wide range. Amazing! You have a good sense of pitch and your singing is expressive. Not to say there isn't room for improvement, but I'm really impressed.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@eunice_hairburger)
Topic starter  

Thank you!

My favourite of the ones I've done so far is River by Joni Mitchell. I did that last week.

Thanks for the comments re my range. Yeah…I think it's not too shabby. Lol. I think I tended to focus quite a bit on stretching and expanding it when I was a teenager. That's dropped off a bit though in the past 5-10 years. I've been focusing on other things, and have now noticed my upper range is somewhat lacking compared to what it used to be.

Where would you say I could really improve? I REALLY want to improve! Lol.

Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

It's honestly hard to find anything to criticize. There are a few spots here and there where you sound a bit gravelly on "Music of the Night." And some places in each of the songs that I listened to where you could do with a little less vibrato. Overall, it's excellent. If you put out a CD, I would probably buy it. Yes, I think your singing is that good.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@eunice_hairburger)
Topic starter  

WOW! Well, when I do put out my CD of original songs, I'll let you know. LOL

Yes, I do like the vibrato, don't I? lol. I just find it easier to sing with it than without.

And gravelly on Music of the Night, eh? The lower parts or the higher parts? The lower parts (the lowest of the low) aren't really in my proper range, but that's ok.

Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

I'm no voice teacher, so my opinions are just semi-educated. I had voice lessons years ago and I've sung in community choruses for about 15 years. I wish someone else would join in here. The singing topics don't seem to be very active. This is, after all, a guitar forum.

It's the lower notes in "Music of the Night" where your voice does not sound its best. It's fun to try things and see what we can do with our voices, but it was obvious to me that those notes are really outside your range. Best to use them sparingly and not try to sing an entire song that is on the low end of what you can do.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@eunice_hairburger)
Topic starter  

Heheh, yeah, I'm fully aware those notes aren't in my proper range. I can sing them (sort of), but it sounds muppet-like to me. Like I have to put this weird sound into my voice to get the notes out, and even then the lowest one doesn't quite get there, heheh. But that's ok. I've got enough other notes. And no, I wouldn't sing that song live or in public or anything. I just wanted to sing it and didn't want a few too-low notes to stop me doing the entire song, you know? :mrgreen: :note2:

ReplyQuote
 zapp
(@zapp)

I think you have a great voice....you should give American Idol a shot....

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

love you singing on River especially ( Blue is my all time favorite album by a female singer).
you have a great voice. I can hear a bit of vibrato. it is subtle, but it sounds so real not forced.
wonderful tone.
I also cannot find areas where you could improve. I'd say you have a pretty voice, but you don't sing overly pretty.
capice? maybe pretty is the wrong word. pleasant doesn't work. full and soft is better.
wow, would love to collaborate on some songs with you.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@eunice_hairburger)
Topic starter  

THANK YOU! Wow. Heheh.

I really wonder what's going on with all your ears', people. Cotton wool perhaps? I know I'm not THAT good!

And American Idol? I'm Australian so it'd have to be Australian Idol, however I'm too old, I'm afraid. The cutoff here is 30, and I'm 31.

ReplyQuote