Notifications
Clear all

Looking for some singing critique

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sint2)
Topic starter  

I was just wondering if I could get a few people to help me out with my singing. My voice is a little tired here but I'll re-do it later, lol. The song is by a band called 'chiodos'. Thanks for the help.

I know I'm not that great but I wish to be the best I can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLsZCSCdevY

(@sint2)
Topic starter  

I know that video was so off pitch, lol, I'll re-record it tomorrow. But I was wondering about some other things too. Do you think my voice sounds very young? I'm almost 18 and it definitely does not sound like it. Opinions maybe? Not sure if the young thing is good or bad.

ReplyQuote
(@law42)

You're right, you are very off-pitch in the video, but It's hard to tell what someone's voice is REALLY like if they are singing along with a recording that already has vocals on it, do you play guitar or piano? If so record yourself singing a song while playing, and if you can't do that, find a backing track for one of your favorite songs. Also, I would choose a song that is much easier and in a lower range than the one in your video, that song is much too high for you.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you considered voice lessons? I hear some very flat notes and your voice is rather monotone (not much range). Voice lessons will help you to hit the notes correctly and to increase your range. They will also teach you the correct breathing techniques to get the most out of your voice. There are some videos on YouTube that can help you understand exactly what I'm talking about. Most are from Expert Village and here is a link to one of those videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpELQRvpBJw&feature=channel

These may help you to get started in the right direction. Not all of us are blessed with naturally beautiful voices and we have to work at it. Hard. If singing is something you really want to do, voice lessons are the way to go, IMHO!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote