7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@avikchaks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hiyall

i recently tried out for a band ... they made me songs like summer of 69 and
walk of life .... they though i was good but i had no aggression in ma voice ...

wat the hell is dat supposed 2 mean ...i'm goin back next weekend so maybe sum tenors here can guide me make a bettr impression

thanx in advance

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I wonder what type of music the group plays, because neither of those songs are what I'd term "aggressive".

I would suspect that they mean that your voice is more "Neil Diamond" than "Dimebag Darrell" - it's smooth and round.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well , will you first please cut down the sms talk.I mean please do not write in short forms.It really makes it look bad and non serious too.

As far as you say about singing , think like this.Bryan adams sings summer of 69 and he has got the typical high pitched voice.We as indians can't compare to completly sing like him.We have a different voice scale.

If that band can do nothing but copy others , its best to dump that band , because now nobody wants to listen copycats (and that too those , who seriously suck :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: )

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I wonder what type of music the group plays, because neither of those songs are what I'd term "aggressive".

I would suspect that they mean that your voice is more "Neil Diamond" than "Dimebag Darrell" - it's smooth and round.

greybeard , i know what he means.i live in this place and know what kind of SH** bands do out here.They are more about style and attitude.In my own college i have seen this happening.Nothing is more disheartening then someone saying you to sing LIKE someone , rather then maintaining one's own originality.

We don't have to sing for others.We sing for ourselves , and if others can't take us , they can wear headphones for good :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

tequila

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

avikchaks

Everybody has their own voice. Some folks have a smooth voice, while others have a rough voice.

Myself, I have a natural rough voice. So it is easy for me to imitate Bryan Adams or Joe Cocker. But I have a hard time copying someone with a smooth beautiful voice.

I guess it could be done, but I would work on perfecting the voice you have. And you can make it work.

We cover Come Together by the Beatles. There is no way I can copy John Lennon on this song. I have tried. So I sing it much deeper. I think I sound like Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits. But this is the natural voice I have. But it works. It is one of our most popular songs.

It is hard for some musicians to grasp that they need their own sound. Yeah, it's great to copy a guitarist or singer note for note.

You are the best copycat in town. :?

Sing with the voice God gave you. If these guys don't appreciate it, that is their problem. Find some musicians who appreciate a good and ORIGINAL voice.

Then someday when they see you on stage, then they will know they blew it big time.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

+1 8) wes

ReplyQuote