Opinions, please.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dannz)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sweet lord.

This has to be the most embaressing thing I've ever brought myself to do.

Posting my nasally, poor and shabby voice on the net.

I was thinking about lessons, but my voice is so nasally I dont even think it's worth trying.

This is me singing a small part of Radiohead - Nude (Big Idea's, Dont Get Any).

Sorry in advance.

Should download in seconds after the countdown.
Singing.wma - 1.76MB

(@jersey-jack)
Estimable Member

Your voice sounds fine to me--but it's hard to tell as you seem to be singing along with Thom.

You in fact break two cardinal rules of song posting:

1. The singer should be you, not you singing along with someone else. This demand serves two purposes--obviously, we can more easily focus on your voice and offer constructive comments; but also when you sing along with a guide track, it's easier to hit and maintain pitches that you might have more trouble with were you singing alone. If you're doubling your own vocals (singing along with yourself, not Thom) you should still sing solo on these recordings, as it helps us evaluate your sound.

2. The site you use for downloads is not very user friendly--it shifts us around from window to window and forces us to sit and look at ads for about 20 seconds before the download starts There are many better sites (e.g., Soundclick) that allow streaming tracks without making your listener st through all of these advertising pop-up windows!

But again, what I heard sounded very good! :D

ReplyQuote
(@dannz)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Oh, thanks.

Quite surprising because I cant bare to listen to it.

I will re-record it and use soundclick.

Thanks alot, Jack.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Listening on a laptop I cant seperate the voices enough to form any opinion at all but if you'd re-record without Thom's voice I'll try again. :) Cheers for having the courage to try it and looking forward to the new recording! (bonuspoints for taking a radiohead song :P)

ReplyQuote