Notifications
Clear all

Singing Help

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@el-kabong)
Topic starter  

Hey guys! I'm in a band whos singer recently quit. Everyone else in the band is refusing to sing so i volunteered to do it for the time being. I was hoping you would be able to give me some constructive critism. I know I'm not very good which is why I'm looking for help..well heres my acoustic cover of Radiohead's "How Do You" How Do You Acoustic.mp3 - 1.51MB Thanks in advance!

(@jersey-jack)
Estimable Member

Your vocal is hard to hear because the guitar it too upfront in the mix, but it strikes me that the song is pitched too low for you. Try raising the key up a whole tone, perhaps even more. But from what I could hear, you have potential!

ReplyQuote
(@el-kabong)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the kind words! I'll see if i can get another one recorded. And in the meantime (if it helps) here's a cover of Nirvana's Pennyroyal Tea PennyRoyalTea.mp3 - 1.43MB

ReplyQuote
(@huricane)
Eminent Member

Yes, the guitars are to loud in the mix.

Do not quit singing, as you have a really nice quality to your voice. Since I know very little about how to improv singing (just learning myself) my only advice is to NOT be bothered by the "hearing your own recorded voice thing". From what I have learned, everybody, and I mean everybody suffers from this at first.

ReplyQuote
(@singinghelp)

Singing can be learned. If I were you, I will start practice basics of singing help such as breathing, first.
If you know how to breath correctly, you can produce very powerful voice.

ReplyQuote
(@eunice_hairburger)

Jersey!!!! Hey! *waving* It's Grace from HC! lol

ReplyQuote