23 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

And a pretty sharp dresser, too. Anyone up for a fanclub. :P
Count me out.
Original post said something about "mourny whine".
That would be a good start . . .
I would also add a little too nasally to suit me . . . and then go to . . .
really irritating after about three minutes of listening to him.

But all of you know more about music than I so . . .
Maybe I would "get over" that impression of him if I listened to him more . . . but ah gee do I have to?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@scrtchy)
Estimable Member

What a bizarre thread!

Uhm, some people like some sounds that others don't.

Please check my math on that last statement.

I think it's safe to also say that the most of the sounds that no one likes, people are getting paid to listen to. Like perhaps a 'lunch is over' whistle at a construction site.

I love Neil Young's voice a whole lot, but I was at a video store and I heard this converstaion between some college guys and they were all agreeing to hate Neil's voice. But I love it, so it must be good right? Those frat boys are too stupid to have their opinion count for anything right?

So wierd when people debate over who's opinion is better regarding art, a medium that is based purely on opinion. I felt exactly zero need to go to the frat boys and tell them why they should start liking something they don't. Or to defend Thom's obvious heartfelt inflection over him taking the time to work his head voice.

Freddy Mercury decided his head voice was too unreliable to take to the stage, and if you watch live clips they have the drummer sing all the hight notes. Does this change your opinion of him?... discuss! (I think it was because he was too used to singing really loud in chest and couldn't get used to reducing his overall volume to balance with headvoice when the excitment of the stage was on him)

http://www.daughtersandsons.net -Cincinnati CEA Award winners for best original RnB/Funk band! (Bragging is in the user manual and encouraged)(Hi Mom)

ReplyQuote
(@nathan080)
Estimable Member

"Minds are like parachutes... they need to be open to function"

That applies very much here... its ok to have an opinion (or not to have one) but you have to accept that opinion is subjective, and everyone has one :).

FYI

From Your Influence...
http://www.overplay.com/BandProfile.aspx?BandId=e78b497f-4f31-4182-8659-e8b6fa91d582

http://www.youtube.com/user/FromYourInfluence

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Isn't it nice how civil and grown up we are?
Someone asked for an opinion and it was offered . . . with a reason or two for that opinion.
Moving on . . . .

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Editing and moderating will do that..... :D

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Oh :?
Were we bad? :oops: . . . again? :cry:

Well, . . . maybe acting all-grownup-like isn't as much fun as . . . .

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

To each his own. I'd rank their albums like this:
Amnesiac
Kid A
Hail to the Thief
In Rainbows
OK Computer
The Bends
Pablo Honey

I guess I don't care for guitars much. :P

you know that amnesiac was basically castoffs from kid a, right?
i'd put okc and kid a at the top, the bends and hail next, in rainbows and amnesiac in the castoff/experiment pile, and pablo honey as just not ready for world domination yet, although obviously creep was hugely successful.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yup, asbolute true, but I still prefer amnesiac. Songs like 'you and whose army' 'spinning plates' and 'glass house' are at the top of my favourites. Guess I like castoffs: my favourite track of rainbows is 'last flowers to the hospital' which is basically a castoff from OKC. :oops:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2