Clear all

Vocal Range Decreasing

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

hey guys, over the last month iv found that my range is decreasing not in the sense that i cant get there at all anymore, but a thing called a vocal breaking point (i think) where your voice goes falsetto to reach notes. thing is notes i could sing a month ago normally i now HAVE to go falsetto for! how stupid is that.

i thought it mite be because iv been singing a lot and my muscles need time to strenghen and recover. so iv stopped for a bit. sucks cause the hard work iv done seems to be going down the tube, im not too worried though cause i know i can get there. so its just a matter of getting there again

my voice keeps going falsetto and its very hard to stop it. my range has dropped nearly 3 notes in the top end :S has anyone had this happen?

(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

bump...

ReplyQuote
(@jminor)
Estimable Member

I'm definitely no expert on singing, and i often have trouble with the range between my chest voice and falsetto....

when i warm up by concentrating on making a smooth transition between these two ranges, it seems to become less of a problem...

I sing scales UP until i'm just into my falsetto, then sing them back DOWN until i'm just into my chest voice. then back up, then down, up, down etc.. while slowly increasing the range over several minutes

If i don't warm up like this, (by giving my weakest range all the attention at first) i find myself confused as to which voice to use... i end up jumping up or down octaves and not feeling comfortable.

My voice is fairly deep... ( i suppose i would be considered a bass at my most comfortable, but my falsetto range is quite good, although still quite sloppy) i find that a lot of male singers are in this weird mid range (for me) where i have the least control..
I am improving... slowly

Don't know if i helped u at all, but your bump required a post :)

Insert random quote here

ReplyQuote