Clear all

Voice practice questions

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gaspacho)
Topic starter  

Hey there guys

I got question about practicing. I read somewhere around here that if I use the easy songs I already know for warm-up and then to sing something that is not comfort for my muscles (comfort is not the best word, maby what they are not used to) that it counts as a practice. I want to know if you can tell me some good excercises for especially expanding my range. And has anyone of you com link to page or software that could help me to determine which voice type am I according to range (bass, soprano, alt). For just example if we take song All those yesterdays (Pearl Jam), than what he sings in the beginning is something in my very low positions. Especially when he sings word tonight that is almost my total low. Could you please give me some tips about what to do and how to practice. Just few simple tips. I just discovered that my voice has more to give than just what I sung so far so I'm kinda curious. Thx

Yeah one more thing. I've been reading here about middle/low C and that kinda stuff. Could you tell me where are those notes on tuned guitar (standard tunning EADGBE). thank you

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I read somewhere around here that if I use the easy songs I already know for warm-up and then to sing something that is not comfort for my muscles (comfort is not the best word, maby what they are not used to) that it counts as a practice.
I'm not sure you got it from one of my posts or not, but that's what I said I do in a recent one. However, I wasn't saying it counted as practice, quite the opposite. I was saying that that's all I do and that I really should practice properly if I want to get anywhere with it anytime soon. Dig it out though, it was a fantastic post full of good advice, it's around here somewhere.

Sorry if I got your hopes up about there being a magical shortcut to great singing ability - there just ain't one :wink:

(and welcome to the site too!)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@gaspacho)
Topic starter  

hey thankx I already started reading that looooong post about singing and i find it quite helpful. I know that learning to sing takes some time and that's no problem as I'm ready to do something for it. Thx anywaz.

ReplyQuote