4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Hook
(@hook)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Time to learn to sing! :)

I have practiced to sing Yellow submarine with the Beatles and i think it goes pretty descent. ;)
The problem i have is that the D you hit with the word "Town" is almost how high i can go so it sounds pretty forced and bad. Then i saw that the Beatles played it a halfstep tuned down and that does it. Much easier to reach C# with a descent voice.

So my question is: any chance that this is why they tuned down? Or is it just me that have a pathetic vocalrange? ;)

lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Wouldn't say anything bad about Ringo, but he struggles a bit on the higher notes (who wouldn't BTW in the company of John and Paul). Listen to the last note of "With a little help from my friends" too. Could well be the reason, yes

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Listen to Ringo's voice on his Beatles recordings, then compare & contrast with his solo recordings....IMO, he sounds a lot more nasal in the earlier days.....wonder if he had vocal training between the Beatles splitting up and his solo career?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Hook
(@hook)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Ok, great. Good to know that everybody doesnt have a range of 3 octaves.

ReplyQuote