Skip to content
Anybody know how to...

Notifications
Clear all

Anybody know how to play Amazing Grace in Open G?

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm trying to find instructions or tab to play slide on Amazing Grace,but so far no luck.If anybody knows,I'd apprceiate the help,or point me to the right place.Thanks.

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I know an easy way in Open D, but with the melody being on the first string it doesn't translate readily to G.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I know an easy way in Open D, but with the melody being on the first string it doesn't translate readily to G.
Funny you should mention that. I tuned my reso to Open D and found the sound to be prettier than Open G.I can also pick out tunes a little bit better.If you have tab of it,I'd like to see and try to play it.

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I think I picked it out! I used open strings and the slide both.I'm going to work on it and play it during our church music Sunday in a couple of weeks!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I love Open D!

I have a tab my teacher wrote out for me nearly 6 years ago. Let me see if I can find a scanned image of it...

There's an old MP3 of it on my old SoundClick page (I never did much with it and haven't fooled with it in ages) at: http://soundclick.com/johnculp/

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Sounds great!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Shucks!

I can't find a scan of that. I do have a list of E-mails of folks I've previously promised one. I've got to get my boy's scanner working and scan it.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've just gotten a cell phone with camera/video capability. I may play around with it and see if it's capable of taking a legible image. (I suspect its resolution may not be good enough.)

Hey, I've got a regular digital camera, though...

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Can't seem to get my scanner working either - but what I've done in the past is take photographs instead of scanning (5.0 megapixels digital camera) upload them to photobucket and give the link. Seems to have worked OK....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote