Skip to content
Megadeth - Peace Se...

Notifications
Clear all

Megadeth - Peace Sells (But who's buying?)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@thundersloth)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Sorry guys, one of these days I'm going to get it but until then I have another alternate tuning question. Every tab I see for the bass on Peace Sells says to tune down 1/4 step. This makes no sense to me, and I'm hoping that somebody could please explain to me how this would be done. I just can't get it through my thick head. That's it for now, thanks guys! :lol:

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Lots of recordings are sped up or slowed down a bit and aren't in standard A=440 pitch. Sometimes bands aren't tuned to standard pitch to start with, and a lot of folks think tuning down a bit makes the tone "beefier" or some such. It only matters if you're playing with the recording. And you can use your music player on your PC to shift the pitch till it sounds right, or tune by ear till your instrument sounds right with what you're playing along to.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@thundersloth)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

That's what I kind of gathered from online reading after I posted. I'm thinking they had tuned down to an Eb and just sped up the recording which made it a quarter step down. I did find a good middle point between standard and flat to play along with the song, but eventually I just tuned my bass up to standard and it's fine that way.

ReplyQuote