Clear all

New Slide Coming

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Looked around for something along the lines of a standard Stevens bar but longer to use on my new 8 stringer. Thought about getting a Shubb-Pearse SP1, but then I saw the Robert Randolph bars. I find that I rarely use the rounded tip of my Gary Swallow bar with one sharp and one rounded end, and haven't been using the bullet end of my Dunlop bar much. Found a good deal on an RR2 and ordered it.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Seller mistakenly sent me a Shubb-Pearse SP-1. I'm not unhappy, because it's the other one I really thought about getting. They both have their pros and cons for playing different stuff, the SP-1 being lighter and with one rounded "bullet" tip, the RR-2 being a heavier straight bar. Think I'll just play with this one a while and maybe I'll get the other later.

ReplyQuote
(@steinar-gregertsen)
Honorable Member

The rounded end of the SP1 makes those awful split slants a little easier, they're much harder with a straight end. But you would probably get a slightly more solid tone from the heavier RR2 bar, so it's a trade off...
Anyway - soon enough you'll have a drawer full of bars, trust me...... :lol:

"Play to express, not to impress"
Website - YouTube

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I've got a boatload of bottlenecks of all sorts already. Now I have a Dunlop 921 bullet bar, a Shubb GS-1 that Gary Swallow modified with one tip rounded, an AXL Stevens bar, and the Shubb-Pearse SP-1 for the lap steels. Not to mention various bottles, 20mm cartridge cases and other occasional improvised slides. I've got a long way to go to match your collection. I've seen the picture over on the Steel Guitar Forum. (I'm an unregistered lurker.)
:D

ReplyQuote
(@slickcat)
Estimable Member

Sorry.......cant help you with much advice on bars.
.........There is one local bar I like...serves Beer in a frosted MUG ! :D :lol: 8)

Slip___Sliding___Away__________

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Trying lap sliding is dabbling with The Dark Side. Beware.

ReplyQuote