Skip to content
Slide Planet - new ...

Notifications
Clear all

Slide Planet - new netlabel dedicated to slide guitar music!

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@slide-planet)
Topic starter  

As the music business is undergoing a transformation, so are the traditional ways of distributing music. Musicians are looking for (and finding) ways to take full control of their art and getting their voices heard the way they want to (rather than the way marketing people want to).

In the light of the above, we are very pleased to announce that we are in the process of setting up a netlabel dedicated to slide guitar music:

Slide Planet

The first release will be a compilation featuring some great slide guitar music from several corners of the world. Releases from individual artists and more compilations will follow. All music will be free to download! Voluntary PayPal donations to the artists will be an option, but - as stated - voluntary.

Slide Planet will be a platform for slide guitarists - both bottleneck and lap style; acoustic and electric - to get their music heard, and a great place to be for anyone who likes the sound of slide guitar!

More details will be announced soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at: info [AT] slideplanet [DOT] net.

We are very excited about this project and hope you will be too! :)

All the best,

Andrea Bonino, Paolo Conti, Fred Kinbom & Jim Petit.

(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member

With Fred and Andrea involved, it's gotta be interesting and quality stuff. Can't wait ti hear what comes out of this!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, it sounds pretty cool!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@phangeaux)
Estimable Member

The opening statement is awesome.

What a great idea! I wish you all the best of success and I hope I can take part in this someday.

Hey, does anyone have an update on this project?

Also I think it is an excellent idea to have the PayPal donations to individual artists, or for site maintenance, etc. There are many times that I would have done that on various sites but I don't have a PayPal account. I don't have credit cards or even a checking account (only savings account) so I can't even get a PayPal account. There are LOTS of people who don't have PayPal accounts, I'm sure there are more people who don't have them than there are people who do have them. When people are selling stuff on the web and they only take credit cards or PayPal etc. I wonder, - what are these people thinking!

Most websites seem to completely forget about or ignore people who don't have credit cards and PayPal accounts. I do understand that accepting other means of payment adds to the overhead costs- someone has to open up envelopes and take checks or money orders to the bank. (I wouldn't min having that job if they were made out to me! :-)

Incidently, it seems that most website designers have forgotten the fact that most of the world is still using slow dial-up access to the internet- and then they design graphics intensive pages that take so long to load that alot of people are impatient and just move on to a different site. Fast loading webpages are a must in my opinion so please take that into consideration for the best end result. There is no rational reason to put a 1.5MB photo on a web page when one can use photo editing software and get it down to 10Kb-15Kb if they want to. I think that 30Kb to 50kb is optimum and there is no noticeable difference in the viewing quality of the photos. I use Photoshop 7 but there is probably freeware available to do the same thing.

About donations: If someone could figure out an efficient way to do that without credit cards and PayPal that would be great. It's a problem which thus far does not have a convenient solution. It's not as simple as it seems because personal mailing addresses should remain private and it has to be an efficient system with as little overhead expense (labor or money) as possible. This is probably a subject for a completely different kind of forum.

In my case I can go open a checking account and get a PayPal account with that, or even get a credit card of some sort but I really don't want either. I get free money orders from my credit union which is only a block away and they are accepted everywhere without long waiting periods for personal checks to clear.

Anyhow, the main purpose of my reply is simply to ask if there is any update news on this project (?)

Phangeaux
BadBadBlues

ReplyQuote
(@slide-planet)
Topic starter  

Phangeaux,

Thanks for your interest.

Concerning news about the label. The first compilation will be soon available !

Greets

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

great news. I will be happy to post my sliding there.
I recognize the host names and would be honored
to be accepted.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote