Notifications
Clear all

What type of slide??

20 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Mother's Metal Polish is good stuff. I got started on that in my Harley days.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

That's the brand! I shall have to try some. Comparable to Flitz?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Dunno. Never got around to trying Flitz. Never have seen it around here, either.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Update: finally got one of those older style 'comb' steel bars for my...well, my steel (lap steel). Played around with it a few hours, and it takes a little getting used to, but I like it generally. Real different from the bullet bar I'm used to, but I got it originally just to see what the guys were thinking about back in the 20s and 30s, why they would've come up with something like this, and why it maybe faded out. It's similar to the present-day 'dobro' bars, but it's not from the 'bullet bar with a handle' angle; it's just...different.

I do notice that by leaning the bar a little, it seems to be able to get forward slants easier, though that just might be my imagination. It's harder for me to get reverse slants because I fumble with it, but...see that's the thing; it sorta forces me to think differently - like maybe not doing the slant but playing the same interval straight across, somewhere else. And that's kinda what I wanted; to see how a piece of gear would've formed certain lines of technique. I'm keeping my bullet, but probably be playing with this thing for the forseeable future.

For now ;)

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

I use a clayton medium glass slide. Its ok for the moment sounds better on steel string acoustics than my electric but I will live till I get the thickest brass slide from dunlop.

I love slide...

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2