Clear all

Browsing the MP3s

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well since I was out there anyway, I just stopped by Alan's folder.

Toothbrush reminds me a bit of the Kink's Superman, a fun song.  Well done Alan.

The Barman speaks, well I always wondered what happened to Jim Morrison.  Now we know he's doing well and living in the south of England.

...and that classical piece reminds me of "Magic Roundabout"  or some English children's show.

Alan, except for the last one they all seem to be right channel only.  Is that just me being lopsided?

(@little_marc)

Hi Alan

Just 2 say nice work on the barman speaks. Its somewhere between medieval + contemporary country-blues. Maybe something Elliott Smith'd do if he had a time machine.

I particularly liked the line about dancing + beer/dead in the street. It was a shock when the electric briefly comes in though. Not that it was a bad thing mind. Right - Am gonna go finish my own monologue about pubs now (started one about 4 yrs ago!). Unfortunately other people got hold of it + electrified it when I wanted it acoustic. Buggers

Good stuff!

Little Marc
:)

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I guess it could be something to do with the transmission - they sound fine on a CD through headphones (yeah, I know, talk about pretentious, listening to myself through cans).

Toothbrush was how I got back into writing, and the credit for my doing so belongs to Nick, Ryan Spencer and particularly Lixuz. Thx guys.

Barman - I turned everything up to 10 and did those overlays in about half an hour whilst the neighbours were out.

I see the name CJ Dupre on Adam's site - the guitar work sounds good, any idea who it is?

A  8)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Barman - I turned everything up to 10 and did those overlays in about half an hour whilst the neighbours were out.

"Whilst."

"Whilst??"

'Tis enough to make me smile midst my morning repast... ;)

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@p_allen)
Estimable Member

Didst thou not realise. Here in the land of the great empire, 'tis but the norm to partake in such proper utterance. Thou must cometh to the land of the great empire and let us bequeath upon you our magnificent melodramatic meandering. T'would be but a pleasure.

Pete. :)

Why Do Other Peoples Shipbuilding When you Could Go Diving For Pearls Of Your Own?

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Y'all quiddit, y'hear?

ReplyQuote
(@crkhobbit)

/cheer P_Allen

we dunt no how to u's dem dere 5 dolla words in da so-uth

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hobbit, where y'all from?

I'm in Vuh-ginny.

ReplyQuote
(@crkhobbit)

kentucky near nashville, tn but i'm moving to n.ky. just south of cinci, oh in a month or two

I used to drive a semi over-the-road and went through va alot.  out of all the times I drove down I-81 through va I think there was only one time that I didn't get stuck in traffic.  y'all got the some good drivers there I reckon :)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey! Long time guys.. I'm stuck here in Oregon.. But good news, I think I am gonna sign with a record label here soon.. Oh yeah.. I'm Cj Dupre.. Who is asking? I wrote several new songs.. I want you guys to look at them.. One or two of them is after a bunch of crap happened with my GF and they have some cussing in them.. Hope you don't mind..
Also: I can't remember my sign in name.. Is there somewhere I can go or something to find all that out?

write me off
leave me a break
put me with the others
devoted to the ground
the way you move me
fills me
drills me
makes my heart pound

the pain tends to numb the day
the day that you ran away
my heart left alon and cold
this bitter feeling is getting old
old like the days you run back to hold.....
ME

i hope you feel ashamed
left with all the blame
with no one else to go
lifes a fucking HURRICANE

why do i do the things i do
suddenly life comes unglued
slit my hopes and leave the ropes hanging for the better

everything rotting around me
the fear has finally found me
imagine the wells of a maze
water rushing to drown me

this all means nothing to you
you find people rushing to scoff
scoff at my reason to live
life so overrated
full of hatred
blinding the souls of its patrons
who go exploit and fucking rape it

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hi DJ,

You can post this in the Songwriter's club. This rubrique is meant for SSG assignments.

About the lyrics. Well, your post proves my point about the forbidden words list. You work around them and there they are, while the inadverted contributor ends up with a bird called peathingy.

I like the first verse best. That's quite a powerful start. My enthusiasm is sunk by the second line of the second verse: "The day that you ran away".

BUT you're back in business with the wonderful line

"slit my hopes and leave the ropes hanging for the better "

Oh, and I'm not convinced by the f**cking. I think the power in your song could come from something else (fills me, drills me, for instance). The P. Daddies of this world have exhausted the energy of swear words

Read IMHO everywhere.

Cheers and good luck with the contract !

Dieter

ReplyQuote