5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@katreich)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Re-recorded and edited version of this song can be heard here:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10953089

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

It is excellent, though I don't want to influence others' opinions which may be more precise and constructive. I like the construction! :D I have only compliments. The melody, singing and voice are far better than I had envisioned, yet I knew the song (lyrics) was wide open for a great deal of choices, life and breath, and fun and enjoyment. Man I had to play along!

WOW!!! Do 'ya know you have the same chords as "Love is All Around" by the Troggs and you have their chorusy, 12 string sound, but up-tempo http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=love+is+all+around+youtube&qpvt=love+is+all+around+youtube&mid=CEC7FFF8E185978A944DCEC7FFF8E185978A944D&FORM=LKVR4 # Oh cool, you are a child who grew up in the 60's, and your music is retro and beautiful. I have written a 60's style protest song, but I call it an affirmation and suggestion or solution song and will be recording it, was referred to a studio, when I get some other work out of the way, in about a month or two. So, I think we're on the same wavelength or message. The generation is the same too. Good job! :wink:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

Nice work. Constructed and performed nicely.

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

"WOW!!! Do 'ya know you have the same chords as "Love is All Around" by the Troggs"
Ya know, I think I learned that song a year or two ago. It's all D, A, G and EM though, so that could be any number of tunes. Thanks for the compliments and the listen!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Hi Kathy,

Very nice job on this one :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing. :D

James

ReplyQuote