Clear all

SSG 46 Dieter - using dreams

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@knotwilg)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

My suggestion for this week is : use our dreams as a source for songs.

The past two weeks I have been writing down my dreams or what I could remember from them. To make sure I don't forget about it, my worksheet is placed so that it's the first thing I see when I awake. In your dreams, you construct storylines that you wouldn't even think of when consciously songwriting. Dreams are often funny or contain hilarious quotes. Last week's harvest:

- (dreaming about an ex-girlfriend of long ago, she gently says:) "We had such a good time together, so it can only get better"

- (girl around the corner) "Are you ready for the octave ?" The whole dream through, she and I court each other using musical vocabulary. (Obviously, my subconscience tells me I should spend more time finding a girlfriend and less time playing the guitar)

- A jack-ass like game in which one boy runs for all the others who are entitled to use whatever means to capture him, a.o. throwing bricks. Finally, the fugitive gets stuck in a concrete tube and the pursuing posse carry tube and prey on their shoulders, singing a victory march song.

Dieter

(@davidhodge)

"Are you ready for the octave?"  is ripe with possibilities! i wonder if anyone not in a dream would have thought of that?

Peace

ReplyQuote