Clear all

SSG Year 11 Week 15

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hello to all!

Like it or not, Valentine's Day is coming up this week.

To honor the occasion, this week you're to write about a couple. But not just any couple! Where would be the fun in that?

The title and topic of your song is to be a couple consisting on one human being (not yourself) and one non-living item. "Daniel and the Sacred Harp" would work. "Me and My Shadow" would not (first person "me" not being allowed this week). "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters," as delightful a title as could be, would not work this week. Nor would "Benny and the Jets" because the "Jets" in this case is a group of people. Likewise "Willie and the Poor Boys" would be out. But "Willie and the Hand Jive" would be fine.

So enjoy the upcoming Valentine's Day by playing matchmaker. Have fun. And no numbers this week, but they'll be back really soon.

Oh - and early warning - I'll be out and about next weekend so the SSG topic may come as early as Friday evening (my time) since people seem to prefer my not posting it on Sunday.

As always, I look forward to reading and to listening to what you come up with.

Peace

(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

I realize this is not about ourselves but can this be in the first person? Such as Dorian Gray singing about his portrait?

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Yes, it can be in first person. But if it is first person, then that narrator cannot be the person of the title. You could be a friend of Dorian's singing about both him and his portrait.

Hope this clears things up.

Peace

ReplyQuote