Gingerbread Men wait unfrosted lined in rows
I can’t feel my toes, my fingers or my nose

My spirit flies to see my love is home
Staring at the fire with tear-stained cheeks forlorn
‘Cause I can’t hold my lover on this fine Christmas morn
Stay safe in winter don’t be caught unprepared
Stay safe in winter don’t be caught unprepared

Hi All,

I've been having a lot of fun with a new program I saw and got last week called Ludwig3.

It's incredibly easy and versatile. The have a free version and pay version.

Web site:
http://www.write-music.com/

Youtube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeLvBQP9WLQ

I used it on this week's assignment......and some of the tracks on last week's assignment.

Actually, I don't know if the melody I have is a traditional carol or not. I think it's a "new carol" randomly generated by the software.

I put in the parameters of "Jingle Bells"(for the style)......"Snowy"(for the random melody)..........and "Winter"(for the random chord progression)

This is the tune, arrangement and melody that came out and I set the arrangement filter for "symphony"

(@hobson)
Noble Member

I'm familiar with a lot of Christmas carols, some of them obscure. This one doesn't ring a bell.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

What is the original that the melody is based on?

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm familiar with a lot of Christmas carols, some of them obscure. This one doesn't ring a bell.What is the original that the melody is based on? I don't know if the melody I have is a traditional carol or not. I think it's a "new carol" randomly generated by the software.
The software said there were over 450 public domain songs in the program, but I think the song generator function made a new melody.

This melody (old or new) is not very singer friendly....there are too many lines with no room to take a breath.....so maybe no points for sticking to the assignment, but I got a song out of it.....

Also, I stuck with it because I thought the melody was very interesting.

ReplyQuote
(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

I should have read your first post all the way to the bottom before I asked about the origin of the melody :oops:

I'm glad to hear that it was not an established old melody because I didn't give a hoot for it. Just my .02

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm glad to hear that it was not an established old melody because I didn't give a hoot for it. Just my .02
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm sure if it was an established old melody, we would have heard it, but I agree that this song isn't "hooky" enough to fall into the "establishment" I was noticing this year how many Christmas carols are very repetitive.....an on going theme of what makes a song memorable........

...............Regarding longevity, that's the nice thing about songwriting.....songs have a life of their own.....time will tell which ones are the gold and which are the dross.....besides we will be gone on anyway and won't know if any of our songs became classics, so just more proof to enjoy the journey than worry about the end :wink:

ReplyQuote