1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone

I'm starting on a general note this week.  Please be careful what you download. My partner downloaded some smilies to use in e-mails which unbeknown to her have virused the PC - again!! Hence my absence on the board this week - another week gone by.  I will try harder this week - I promise.

Anyway without further ado here's the next assignment.

WEEK 19

This week I want to start thinking about styles.  We've concentrated a lot on imagery over the last few weeks now I want you to keep the imagery and metaphor going but start writing in a particular style.

I'm going to start with what I think is an easier style to begin with and that's basic blues. So this week I want you to write me a blues song keeping in mind all the other things we've been trying to impress on you over this term of the SSG.

Any subject is OK but give it that melancholy feel.  I'm adding this bit in here but it's not mentioned in the newsletter.  I want you to use direction in the song - give it a feel of leaving, arriving, left, right, up, down, north, south, east or west or any mixture of these.

Good Writing

Bob

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well