4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone

This week I was thinking about inventions. Obviously I'd love to be able to go back in time maybe fix one or two things - although that would mean I wouldn't be where I am today and I actually like where I am today. But it got me to thinking what other inventions are there that I'd like to see and why? So bizarrely that's our theme for this week. Write a song about the invention you'd most like to see and why. The why is important as it contextualises the invention. So do you want x-ray specs, glasses that can read moods, shoes that make you run fast, perfect cloning technology so you could be in two places at once (I'd send clone me off to work and original me would stay asleep in bed :wink: )

I'm sure you'll get the idea

Good writing

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@sytys)
Estimable Member

hey Bob, love the assignments keep em coming, just wondering about the how the weeks were messed up, did we start the year in Nov. or are we trying to invent the 60 week year :wink: , that wouldn't be bad, i might get something done this year, cheers, no offence just wondering.

m

sytys

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

The SSG calendar year does start in November. We mark "week one" as the first week it started, way back in November of 2002 and we're about ready to start our fifth year. That seems like an incredible achievement, looking back on it.

Much thanks for Ryan and Nick who started out the SSG and to Bob who's been running the show for three of the four years now. Who knows what he has planned for a big celebration?

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Bob said:

"So do you want perfect cloning technology so you could be in two places at once (I'd send clone me off to work and original me would stay asleep in bed )"

Hey Bob, do yourself a favour and read "Pyramids" by Terry Pratchett.....not only is it a hilarious read, it's also the perfect argument against cloning....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote