Clear all

wk 41 Colours

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@dr-w-g-grace)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

A bunch of old nonsense this week; the colours are there, once you find the first one it'll be easy. This means NOTHING.
Australian reference: there really is such a person as the Member for Indi (pron. In-die, stress first syllable); Indi is a House of Representatives electoral district in the north east of the great state of Victoria. It is centred around the town of Wangaratta. The name of the Member for Indi is Sophie Panopoulos, and I don't agree with her about anything.

There's a coupla precious stones in there, too, though they have strong chromatic associations.

COLOURS
I heard you yell, “Ow, me foot!”
When you hammered the nail right into it
And the ogre enjoyed
The spectacle of your pain.
The ali-oli vendor holding the asp,
Ink staining his brand new shirt
Sold me a quaint robe. I get high
On a mountain in the middle of Spain.

“What are you, demon or angel?”
I asked the old grub lackadaisically
Eating old nails and weeds
In the overgrown veggie garden.
Not a whit embarrassed,
Was the Member for Indi, going nowhere
As the harp and viol eternally plucked
Caused her arteries to harden.

I wiped my brow, “Now that's some heat
It's sure to mar Oonagh's complexion
A cryin' shame it is,
Sure to rub you the wrong way.”
“Ephemeral days!” Mohamet hysterically
Lamented life's brevity.
Dumb Lueger of Vienna
For once had nothing to say.

Go Deeeeeees, bury this rubbish.

(@slowplay)
Honorable Member

Um, its a little localised for me to comment much. I liked the image you painted in the opening two lines, after that I was kinda lost.

Ice cream is a dish best served cold.

ReplyQuote
(@dr-w-g-grace)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

There is absolutely nothing going on here, except that hidden among the lyrics are the names of about 20 colours. It has no meaning beyond this. As an example...

I heard you yell 'Ow, me foot!'
When you hammered the nail right into it
And the ogre enjoyed etc.

I admit, it's a bit of a cheat's way out of the assignment, but I don't find metaphors an easy way of starting a song. I use 'em all the time, but they're not the starting point. I've been flat out this week, so I did something easy for meself.

Thanks for replying to this bunch of bull...

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

That stuff is so cool. I like the style personally. Its tight (haha). Cool.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

First time I read it, didn't get it at all....then I saw what you'd done, was intrigued, and had to keep going back over and again to make sure I spotted them all....

A nice fun take on the assignment.....BUT....can you put music to it? And will it work as a song?....I think you could do the former, but as a song in its own right, people might struggle to get the meaning...without an explanation...not necessarily a bad thing, but it's always much more fun when you're in on the joke....

I liked it, anyway...

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dr-w-g-grace)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, music, that's an issue, it's probably one of those ones I'll leave for a bit and maybe never quite get round to. If I were ever gonna perform it, it might occur to me to introduce it with words like Dylanesque, but you can't hide behind that forever. I had a rythmic pattern of some sort in mind as I was putting it together, but this one, I suspect, started as an exercise and is most likely to end as one.

Cheers all, and thanks
JMcC

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

hi Doc

well they were too well hiddeb for me I must admit then I read your reply and went back and checked it out again .

Nice sort of criptic way you achieved this weeks assignment :wink:

cheers

L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote