Notifications
Clear all

Wk 47 Home To Me

18 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Please, please, please do finish this song. It would be a shame if it fell off of your plate. I don't make my way over to this forum much and I was so happily suprised to see that you have been writing more often.

On a side note--- The other day I was cleaning my house. As I often do, I started iTunes and put it on shuffle so I can listen to music whilst cleaning. Songs start to play. Porcupine Tree-"Even Less", CCR- "Down on the Corner", James Taylor- "Fire and Rain", Chris C- "Perfectionist Beginer Blues".

I have to tell you, your song made me smile and helped me through cleaning up the house. So I need a 2nd track to listen to my friend!!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I don't make my way over to this forum much

Maybe you should make it a habit - it's a good way to hone your songwriting skills. It isn't easy writing within strict guidelines - helps to focus the mind, I find. I know I've got some good songs out of the SSG; and so have others, including Kathy Reichert who actually plays some of her old SSG songs when she plays live!

I think I've developed as a songwriter thanks to my time in here - now if I could just get them recorded the way they sound in my head!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Please, please, please do finish this song. It would be a shame if it fell off of your plate. I don't make my way over to this forum much and I was so happily suprised to see that you have been writing more often.

Thanks for the encouragement Matt. And great to hear that one of my songs has been played again. 8)

Ken (CitizenNoir) sent me some great music that he wrote to fit this 'Home To Me' song, but I need a bunch of practice before I can get it down. Like Vic says - I can hear it in my head. Fingers lagging way behind though.

Why don't you join in here? We need some more of that Blueline music - you've written some very good lyrics already. And did you see the newsletter? We're going to get a Composition forum for songwriting here. Now I'll be THERE like a shot when that starts! :)

School holidays here now, so I'm probably goingto have to skip the next two weeks songs. Your turn!

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2