6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, this is half the assignment.
I started writing one person's part and never could get the others part in.
So it's not much of a duet.

I wrote it while listening to this song . . . over and over again . . .
so I guess the lyrics would be written for similar music to this.

Wicked Game by Chris Isaak

It's Hard to Love You
I tell you I love you
And you say “Of course”
Toss your hair, ride away
On your lofty horse

The only time you smile
Is when you get your way
Life is much sweeter
When I have to pay

I tell you I love you
And that makes two
It's hard to love you
More than you love you

It's hard to love you more
Than you love yourself
You just get angry
When I try to help

Why should I stay?
You'll just break my heart,
Bare your wicked smile
As you rip me apart

I tell you I love you
And that makes two
It's hard to love you
More than you love you

Yes, I am leaving
No room here for me
I'm locking this door
And throwing away the key

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

(@stikman)
Reputable Member

Wow, it seems like the other half is not going to be quite into the relationship. I've been there. This person is not able to ditch the fawning love biscuit. Great tune, Chris Isaak. Bm A E killer progression.

Not sure where you want the other person to come from but I'll keep my mind on it.

stik

"All battles are first won or lost in the mind." - Joan of Arc

"It took me about 20 years to figure out how to write without inspiration. Thankfully, I got there." - Leon Russell

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Yeah Ken,

That's one side of the story :D

Suggestion:
Maybe read a bit of what the other's view might be with something like the following http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_(mythology)

Is this that same girl from Y7 W9 To An Actress? If so, keep working out those demons :twisted:

James

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Well, the verses after the first chorus - I assume the bit in bold is the chorus - could be sung by the second voice and it would work pretty well. I think the words are fine.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey Ken

Yeh, nice song.

I read it a few times and it could actually make a nice duet singing alternative verses. The couple could be so similar in the way they feel about each other the verses could work with just a few tweaks, then the duet could sing together in the chorus.

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Bm A E killer progression.
Yeh, I think so too.
Is this that same girl from Y7 W9 To An Actress? If so, keep working out those demons :twisted:
No, actually I don't personally know anyone like this.
Well, the verses after the first chorus - I assume the bit in bold is the chorus - could be sung by the second voice and it would work pretty well. I think the words are fine.
Kewl Thanks
I read it a few times and it could actually make a nice duet singing alternative verses. The couple could be so similar in the way they feel about each other the verses could work with just a few tweaks, then the duet could sing together in the chorus.
OK, you and me, buddy. We'll sing this together. :shock:

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote