(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Romantic Recession

Grits and Cornbread

Show Me the Affection

(There's Gonna Be) Trouble in Bartow Tonight

(Don't) Flame this Fire

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Sounds like the makings song list for good hoedown -Yee Haw!
Romantic Recession
This has potential.

(Don't) Flame this Fire
Part 2 to Romantic Recession can be (Don't) Fire this Flame :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Everyone seems to be geting a good number of great potential titles. Don't know why but I'm very intrigued with (There's Gonna Be) Trouble in Bartow Tonight.

Peace

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Grits and Cornbread

MMMM! nothing like down home Southern cooking :P

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Did you know grits was made from corn? . . . I didn't know that until last year.
Got curious when I was served them in a restaurant in Tennessee . . . and asked the waitress.

I figured out cornbread was made from corn . . . all on my own. :?

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@contagiousjerm)
Estimable Member

Romantic Recession
Well, if people are losing their jobs, theirs more time for romance, right? Yeah, this looks like a good set list for Bob's Country Bunker (where they have both kinds of music, country and western). Intrigued by the trouble in Bartow

And my Soundclick Page to listen to my song submissions: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903876

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Trouble in Bartow would make a good collaboration song . . .
Some possible scenarios would be

- Chad finding out about "his cheatin' wife" (50% chance of that scenario)

- someone dinged his brand new truck

- previously a "dry town", Bartow recently voted to allow liquor to be sold . . .
and now its opening night for the new bar in town

- it's spring break in Bartow

- the Walmart is being closed (in Bartow)

- Donna's husband was seen with the town tramp (45% chance of that one)

- the nearby Marine base concluded another basic training exercise for an entire division . . . and now. . .
the recruits have their first night off the base in 4 months (0.02% chance of that one)

- for the first time, they are serving beer on Bingo night . . . :note1: in Bartow :note2: :mrgreen:

KR2

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I figured out cornbread was made from corn . . . all on my own. :?
I've always admired your intelligence and observational skills KR :lol:

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Romantic Recession
Well, if people are losing their jobs, theirs more time for romance, right? Yeah, this looks like a good set list for Bob's Country Bunker (where they have both kinds of music, country and western). Intrigued by the trouble in Bartow

Yup, in Bob's Bunker you can always get away with Rawhide. Don't know why you didn't fancy my 'Ride 'em Cowboy' title Ken?

And.. I had grits once in a motel in Florida - interesting... :roll: I suppose they serve them with eggs over easy in Bartow...
I'm beginning to like the sound of that place...

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
(@jerboa)
Estimable Member

"Romantic Recession" grabs me too.

Trouble in Barstow reminds me of the Stray Cats title "Rumble in Brighton"

There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who think there are two kinds of people in this world, and those who don't

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey there might be a market for that song . . .

V.iagra might want to buy the copyright . . . background music for their commercials. :?

KR2

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Sorry Ken,
V.iagra might want to buy the copyright . . . background music for their commercials. :?
The Russians beat you to it with their female pop band Via Gra. :lol: You can youtube search them *viewer discretion advised :oops:

James

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've been in a romantic recession for a few years now, so that one kinda stuck out like, ermm, a sore thumb.....

They all look potentially good titles, though, plenty there to fire my imagination (to quote the Stones...)

And although I do appreciate your (sometimes) wicked sense of humour, I'm glad you decided to be fairly serious with this one - hardly a hint of frivolity in sight!

Nice ones!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I really liked the Trouble In Bartow, it just flows off the tounge, and to me the melody that I'm thinking of has a sort of David Allen Coe/Johnny Cash spin. So many story possibilites with that title.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I really liked the Trouble In Bartow, it just flows off the tounge, and to me the melody that I'm thinking of has a sort of David Allen Coe/Johnny Cash spin. So many story possibilites with that title.
My gift to you, Joe. :mrgreen:

The citizens of Bartow and I are looking forward to it.

Dylan has picked a couple of songs for me to choose from . . . hooboy!

KR2

ReplyQuote