chorus

solo

chorus

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

No fair!
I didn't know you were in a rock band :mrgreen:

What's going on? Is that a backing track?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member

I like it BUT.. why did you pt Jekyll and Hide in the same song as Hulk.. then you said fade to green but were talking about Mr Hide... cmon thats another hero, can have two heroes there :P.

Other than that annoyment ( Im a comic book fan ) xD It was nice, havent had a chance to hear it... lousy speakers.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@jaythejoker)
Estimable Member

Ooh, what an angry song. Really appropriate for the hulk.
I like how you got into the mindset of the hulk :P nicely done.

I'm also curious, backing track?

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

No fair!
I didn't know you were in a rock band

Ken,

Thanks for the kind words. :D

why did you pt Jekyll and Hide in the same song as Hulk..
Hey Coolnama,

Thanks for the listen and post. :D I saw the parallel between Dr. Jeckyll and Dr. Banner and thought it would add to the "experiment gone wrong" angle....both were expermenting with science to make a "better man"...and both regretted their decision/creations

Jay,

Thanks for the encouraging words. :D
I'm also curious, backing track?

I am back to my home computer, so I used my Sonar 8 and laid down the following:

3 vocal tracks
1 guitar (the software Amplitude has very nice guitar effects)
1 drum http://www.rayzoon.com/ Just click and it makes the patterns and fills on it's own
1 bass (synth) just picked a generic bass sound to cover the low end

Thanks, guys.

James

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey James

It works, I like it.

I would agree with Coolnama that the Dr Jeckle reference is a bit distracting although I know what you want to say, there must be another way?

Ok - Black and white fade to green...hmmmm - black and white as in comic books or colour of skin? Fade? Change or turn...

How about 'Goodbye nice guy, hell has arrived''

And there's that word again...Gnash.... and using 'teeth' in two lines (hmmm, didn't I do that once) but I haven't got a problem with that...

Not sure the Hulk ever wept - what are you trying to say here? Is it the Hulk or the victim?

Like the last verse - reminds me of Mongo, camp fires and telegrams.....

Bridge doesn't really work - i'd scrap it and just do some kind of screaming Van Halen guitar solo.

And to add a smile to everyones faces - play the song whilst looking at KR2s avitar - it's a scream :lol:

Saying all of that - I do like it, a lot.

Definitely Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey Dylan,

Thanks for the great feedback.

>I would agree with Coolnama that the Dr Jeckle reference is a bit distracting although I know what you want to say, there must be another way?
I keep thinking on it :wink:

>Ok - Black and white fade to green...hmmmm - black and white as in comic books or colour of skin? Fade? Change or turn...How about 'Goodbye nice guy, hell has arrived''

I don't think the idea is as clear as it can be, but I was thinking the Hulk has been known to fight good guys (white) and bad guys (black)....but when he turns to green, his reasoning is short-circuited.

>And there's that word again...Gnash.... and using 'teeth' in two lines (hmmm, didn't I do that once) but I haven't got a >problem with that...
I remembered "gnash" and thought...."You gnash your teeth....Hulk smash your teeth....why not give it a go? :P

>Not sure the Hulk ever wept - what are you trying to say here? Is it the Hulk or the victim?
Victim
I might have clipped the idea too short, but it was

(You, the opponent can) Gnash your teeth, weep and sulk
(I, The Hulk will) Smash your teeth; (because I am) the Incredible Hulk

>Like the last verse - reminds me of Mongo, camp fires and telegrams.....
:lol:

>Bridge doesn't really work - i'd scrap it and just do some kind of screaming Van Halen guitar solo.
This is not the first time I have tried to sneak that atonal lick in and you didn't like it then either :P ....well it did work for Rush in the song YYZ....but then again, I am not Rush, and this is not YYZ :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKBLSkN2sRk
I keep thinking on it :wink:

And to add a smile to everyones faces - play the song whilst looking at KR2s avitar - it's a scream :lol:
:lol:

>Saying all of that - I do like it, a lot.
Thanks, Dylan....This is the first week back to teaching and it's a long week...even with a holiday yesterday.....I am out of shape on my mental side giving 100% to my muse whilst juggling other life demands.....

......so I will definitely keep rethinking improvements. :wink:

James

PS Wow, Ken! Very Impressive avatar :mrgreen: ....what lovely eyes you have :P

ReplyQuote
(@contagiousjerm)
Estimable Member

very nice James... as I was reading it, I was thinking this should be hard rock song and was expecting you to use your usual acoustic style - thanks for the surprise! only suggestion is in arrangement - a bit of a pause between vs 1-2 and before the "hulk not bad" bridge, slight guitar solo (not fast over the top, but something complimentary... only example that immediately comes to mind is more like between verses of "Ironman" if that makes any sense... not that i want you to copy that)

yeah, wow.

Jeremy

And my Soundclick Page to listen to my song submissions: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903876

ReplyQuote
(@contagiousjerm)
Estimable Member

oh, and definitely keep the Jekyll Hyde... definitely fits the theme, I would guess the Hulk was based off that anyway

And my Soundclick Page to listen to my song submissions: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903876

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Jeremy,

Thanks for the feedback :D
I would guess the Hulk was based off that anyway
Makes sense to me :wink:
only suggestion is in arrangement
POOF :mrgreen: Guitar solo added....song slightly rearranged....
I was thinking this should be hard rock song and was expecting you to use your usual acoustic style - thanks for the surprise!
Yeah, you are the 3rd person to tell me about my "usual acoustic style"....I asked Scott Hayden to come over and hear some of my songs. His comment was the lyrics were good, but the music was not as good as before like the CD I did.....
....He said, "You could have just given me the lyrics and I could write music like that" he wasn't being mean...just honest that the music wasn't interesting.....
...Then my wife said, "See I told you all your stuff sounds the same" .....but I know I don't like the same kind of music as they do.....but then I wonder.....like when your momma says, "Don't sit by the freak on the bus....there is always at least one".....but then you ride the bus and you never find the freak....and then you think....maybe I'm the freak :roll: ....

...well I guess in all, we try to grow and improve from where we are...there are no shortcuts.....so if this is my "teenage period" of songwriting with voice changes, awkward growth spurts, oily skin, hormonal imbalance, and zits....then so be it :roll:

.....rant [/end] :lol:

Thanks again for the listen and post.

James

Feedback on the changes?

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member

...well I guess in all, we try to grow and improve from where we are...there are no shortcuts.....so if this is my "teenage period" of songwriting with voice changes, awkward growth spurts, oily skin, hormonal imbalance, and zits....then so be it

LOL Hell yeah!!!

( sorry that was kinda off topic )

Just to put it back on track... nice song :D

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOVE the mp3!!!!

Sometimes you just can't get the feeling of a song from looking at lyrics on paper.....I was obviously expecting a hard rock track from reading the critiques, but I really didn't expect this.

Music fits the lyrics perfectly....great job!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

LOL Hell yeah!!!
( sorry that was kinda off topic )
No need to apologize :wink: Thanks for going off track with me :D
Just to put it back on track... nice song :D
LOVE the mp3!!!!
Thanks for the listen and feedback, guys. :mrgreen: [Hulk like posts :lol: ]

James

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

That was fantastic James thanks for sharing.

I think I'm going to partly agree with Dylan here about the bridge
Vengeance is mine I will repay
Didn't I tell you it was one of those days
for me the lyrics in there don't really add anything to the song but an extended lead guitar solo would work well IMO.

cheers
Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2