Clear all

Y7week45 Here's to Mrs J

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@straycat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi :D As I wrote somewhere, I was away on holiday, just returned, but did have the time to read the assignment for week 45 -and here's what I came up with.

All through the nocturnal last fit of our drive home from Ireland
the clouds lay like snow on the mountains in the Midwest
Have you seen the like on your walks in the South
are the Christmas cards still lining up on your mantlepiece
and do you still utter death threat prophecies to potential thieves of your husband
as you did once in a classroom with a love that was fierce and despite our years
we'd seen the friendship of yours on a bus to Christchurch for what it was and, thus,
found it charming and admirable when you spoke like that to us kids.

Well, we were said to be the nastiest class and we let you down on a regular basis,
But you sang with us, showed your postcards, let us bring our favourite songs and took us to the south of England; I was never one to raise my hand,
But you made me talk, supported my staggering poetry and gave me anthologies
Well, I hope you know that other teachers did hit it worse, for you were the best loved
and the ultimate proof that what you do needs a heart to push through.

As you probably have guessed, it's dedicated to my favourite teacher, my English teacher for some years. Pity I had to change schools (mine was closed down) and, thus, lost her for my last two years in school.

Cheers,
straycat.

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Straycat,

Nice dedication :D

"potential thieves of your husband" -I don't understand this :?

Thanks for sharing.

James

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

"potential thieves of your husband" -I don't understand this
Probably some bad or false grammar in there.. I meant ladies who want to steal her husband away from her, not that there were any in particular. Just that, if it should happen, she would be furious.
Any suggestion for improvement? :wink:

Thankyou, James!
Cheers,
straycat.

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Any suggestion for improvement? :wink:
Sorry, not really. It just brings up more questions....Was the husband with her at the time or abroad? What would have made her question his faithfulness? It seems an odd topic to discuss with students.....so no clarification ....the explanation just adds more mystery. :roll:
....but thanks for the response :D

ReplyQuote