Notifications
Clear all

Y7Wk37 The King & I

19 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I was thinking your song for this week might be a follow-up about last week's couple, but most likely from the neighbors' point of view....something about bells jingling at all hours :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've got a vivid imagination James... :D

Actually, it's been a bad week here for writing songs. It's still school holidays, so looking after my son has been the priority, but I also got crook for a few days (in Australia that means I got sick, not that I turned to crime... :wink: ). I've roughed out a theme and some initial verses, but have run out of time to shape it up enough for posting, or to sort the music out, so it's gone back into the folder for completion another day.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I also got crook for a few days (in Australia that means I got sick, not that I turned to crime... ).
Thanks for the vocabulary lesson :wink: It's a new expression to me. Best wishes for a speedy recovery :!:

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

James, all the "my what.." parts are brilliant! The melody is great, too. And the story, my, ambitious.
Thanks for posting the background, I wouldn't have had any clue otherwise :wink:
As for the revealing the ending or not alternatives you posted earlier... I'm with "The king was not the least bit thrilled
What the baby's birth would soon reveal" for an ending, since it reads better than the other one and the exposure of David having Uruah killed does not add much to the clarification of the whole story to my uneducated mind :lol:

Cheers,
straycat.

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Straycat,

Thanks for the encouraging post :D I am glad that you enjoyed the song. :wink:

James

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2