Clear all

Y8W3 - The Sidekicks

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@christiaan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

A small entry from me this time. There's a ii-IV-I progression in the second line of the verse and a ii-V-I progression in the chorus, so this should qualify :wink:
Click here to listen.

And there's some words to it too:

A man who's a familiair sight
got kicked into the spotlight
he says the overstudy is gone

We tried to see another show
but whaddayaknow? everywhere we go
the headline got cancelled but the show must go on

The sidekicks have taken over the show

(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Hi Stefan,

Good start :D Nice bop-a-long groove....you've got the start.... now tell the story :wink: ....It sounds a bit like the premise for the Wonder Girls' video "Nobody But You" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpcxPS-JWv0
It's a popular song around parts of Asia....I'm not sure about the rest of the world.
....sidekicks make it big. Actually, I think quite a lot of singers got there breaks after being back-up vocals for other big name artists. Maybe one of their stories is worth telling. :roll:

Thanks for sharing.

James

ReplyQuote
(@christiaan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

It sounds a bit like the premise for the Wonder Girls' video "Nobody But You" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpcxPS-JWv0
It's a popular song around parts of Asia....I'm not sure about the rest of the world.
I've certainly never heard it (which isn't saying much), but it does seem like I've ripped them off, doesn't it? :mrgreen: Nice song btw, thanks for the link.
Actually, I think quite a lot of singers got there breaks after being back-up vocals for other big name artists. Maybe one of their stories is worth telling. :roll:
You're right there. It's a good enough idea for a song, but it would have to be a new song, I don't really think I could make this one work.
Thanks for the positive feedback though!

ReplyQuote