Clear all

Y8week34 inside rain/mum

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@straycat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

late and maybe not self-explanatory as far as the link to the topic of sickness goes.. but, anyway, here it is (and it is singable, although i doubt i will find either the time or the talent to record this):

inside rain/mum

chin on hands on knees
feet on chair edges feet
bare feet

dressed in patterns
yes, no, no, yes, when
shut

the glass door
shakes in its frame
and the and the

outside rain
makes the
inside rain
feel cold

chin on knees and hands on ears
dressed in patterns barring my feet
bare feet

old cats, new ghosts, telephone calls
yes, no, no, yes, oh
shut up

the glass door
is a drum skin
as the as the

outside rain
makes the
inside rain
feel cold

outside rain
makes the
inside rain
makes the
outside rain
makes the
world a blur
mum, mum, mum's
the word

okay, now the spoilers:
am head over heels for Akiine's music and, in a song of her's ("swoosh", not up on myspace unfortunately), she sings "the outside rain makes the inside of me feel cold" but i always heard "the outside rain makes the inside rain feel cold" and was very fond of the image - always great to find out about mishearings and then being able to use them without actually stealing (although, of course, i did steal the structure of the phrase) :-D as far as the sickness aspect goes, i was working my way through a list of phobias to find something to start from.. i think it ended up as a mixture of sociophobia/antropophobia/phonophobia.. :lol:

cheers,
straycat.

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Hi Straycat,

Good start on the lyrics.....looks singable for sure :wink: Thanks for the reference to Akiine. It's a different sound to me. What I like is how she just gets it out there not getting caught up in getting it perfect. With her pronunciation with some of the lyrics, it's no wonder you could end up with different lyrics than what was intended. :P

Thanks for sharing.

James

ReplyQuote