4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@b2thez)
Topic starter  

Nick,

!st , Hope all is well with David.

2nd, Nice assignment.

"MY" band name is "The Battle of the sexes" The quote is of William Blake, "Energy is eternal delight". I went the obvious route with this one, a hard straightforward drive is what comes to mind for me. Not sure how to upload picture, so here are my lyrics for now.

Energy is eternal delight

Discovered fire
In a cave
Soon it was all the rage

Wasn't enough
We needed more
Dug a hole ‘Till we scored

Light the world
Make it bright
Flip a switch
Kill the night
Energy is..
Energy is..
Energy is..
Energy is..

Many sources
From which to chose
Just decide what to use

Take the wind
Waves or the sun
Building nukes is such fun

Light the world
Make it bright
Flip a switch
Kill the night
Energy is..
Energy is..
Energy is..
Energy is..

Now we depend
Don't call it greed
Just ship us ,all we need
Going green
Or staying black
Once it's gone it's never coming back

Light the world
Make it bright
Flip a switch
Kill the night
Energy is..
Energy is..
Energy is..
Energy is..

Now the world
Is going dark
Back we go, to the start

Discovered fire
In a cave
Soon it was all the rage

Thanks, Brian Z

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

If you want to email me the picture, I'll post it for you to my flickr account and add the image into your post.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Good job Brian. The lyrics look like they'd make a good punchy song and the message is bang up to date. I really liked the way it got the point across without being overly preachy about it too. I must confess that I didn't get the reference to "Dug a hole ‘Till we scored" until the second read through....d'oh.... well, it is past my bed-time. :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Hi Brian,

Good start :D The lyrics look very staccato and punchy which should help match the music style. It can fit a "go green" campaign.

Suggestion: Consider spelling out a bit more how the world gets back to square one.....Armageddon?.....or just fizzled out?.....lightning strike? :roll:............ you hinted at nukes being fun but it's a bit unresolved

It was interesting when you said the "obvious route". That's often a great way to start. My obvious was a different path on this one, so I was surprised by your obvious....in a good way.....

....I think I got stuck on the band name a bit and the obvious to me was "sex/love as a weapon" :lol: :roll: "The Battle of the sexes"= male vs female..............The quote is of William Blake, "Energy is eternal delight".......what's energy between men and women?.......sex/love.......... :wink:

......definitely no right or wrongs on subject.....I just always find it interesting how the weekly assignments can spawn in so many different directions.

Thanks for sharing.

James

ReplyQuote