And another tasty one...............

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26709

This is a young lad (15?) who claims to have found an easy way of making money from the internet. He's trying to involve other members to get involved. I've taken it out of circulation and set him the following PM

"Hi,

I have nothing against anyone earning a bit of money, but I get the feeling that there may well be a scam behind this, somewhere.
Will you please pm me the link, so that some of the mods can check it over, before it's allowed it onto the open forum.

Please don't think that I'm picking on you or trying to spoil your little enterprise, but we (i.e. the mods) have the best interests of all our members at heart, including you, of course. We'd prefer no-one gets their fingers burnt!

Best

greybeard"

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 21/08/2006 6:13 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

And, I moved this one to EL shortly after you moved the first one.....

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=26708&sid=04c0797208812e781ef2b5c8ef5d5fc2

I do believe that chaisewilson may need a more serious talking-to! These two posts were made 4 minutes apart, btw!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/08/2006 7:10 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'll wait and see what he has to say for himself. Maybe he's just over-enthusiastic, 15 year olds get that way, I seem to remember :lol:

Greybeard's Pages

Posted : 21/08/2006 7:44 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

chaisewilson reminds me a lot of these scammers from Nigeria. He says he is 15 and from Michigan, but writes in broken English. He is very formal with the language, and even mentions singing in church. This is intended to make a person trust you I believe.

I dont want to be a spammer and please do not think of me trying to scam you I to thought this was a scam untill i recieved my 1st check in the mail!!!

and please do not contact me if you do not need the money i want to extend this to the unemployed and young players PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME!!!!

my chior teacher mrs. walter just knew that exercises did exist she did not know them.........after all she does hyms not rock anthem ...

hello my name is chaise i am 15 year old I live in united states, in michigan to be exact.............i have played guitar for 2 years and have sang all of my life 7 years in a church choir..but now I ...

Maybe I am too suspicious by nature, but all of this reminds me of these African scammers. They try very hard to impress you with their honesty, sincerety, and goodwill.

Then they take all your money. :wink:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 21/08/2006 9:05 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I've been seeing a number of similar posts lately but I've just deleted them instead of sending them to EL. For some reason, we've become a target for these schemes lately. I suppose it's the price of success.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 22/08/2006 10:19 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

His reply:
"ahhh no problem in fact i feel good that u mods care enough to check over theses things..............in fact thank you!!!! it makes me feel good!!

here is the link http://www.treasuretrooper.com/140724

their is no scam involved ...u join internet web sites and forums, look at ads and take surveys....and get paid for it...

the down side is that u get ALOT of junk e-mail ...but thats an easy fix i tell all my refurals to create a seperate hotmail account to use wile working....

my benifit is the treasure trooper company pays me to sign people up...but it is honest money

i will send you pictures of my paychecks if you would like

thank you for caring if you have any other questions please feel free to ask!!
chaise wilson!!!
I this doesnt effect my relationship with you folks at gn i love it here!!!"

I've had a look at the site and something smells, but I can't see exactly what. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

Greybeard's Pages

Posted : 22/08/2006 5:10 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Nigerian scammer.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 22/08/2006 6:29 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Something's definitely fishy...........

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 22/08/2006 8:49 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

It's a scam. You'll be asked to pay an enrollment fee, or buy materials or information to get you started. They probably also ask you to pay by credit card, or ask for your bank account number.

The guy is a crook.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 22/08/2006 9:14 pm