Notifications
Clear all

Carroll hero

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

I just deleted a thread which started with one of our hero's "look at this wonderful website " messages and ended with a sendup of the Monty Python Spam Sketch song, by way of a Please Go Away reply. Maybe it's time to hit the delete button. I sent him/ her this pm

Hi,

I notice that all three of your posts on this site have included links to one external site and what amounts to almost advertising material in respect of a Yamaha guitar.

I am one of the moderators here, and you will probably have noticed that your past post was deleted. I did this because of the constant links to the other site, and because the replies to your post show that our forum users are starting to get fed up with what you are doing.

This is one of the world's top guitar sites, and we'd like to keep it that way. If you have questions or valid comment to make on any aspect of playing, building or repairing guitars then you are welcome here, but if you are simply going to spam the boards then you are not.

I hope that you take this warning in a spirit of cooperation. We do not like having to ban people from the site, but it is an option that is available to us.

Thanks,

Alan

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 23/08/2006 11:54 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Alan,
He's a repeat offender. We've been deleting him for a while. He's a spammer who probably ought to be banned, but then I imagine he'll just join under another name. I'm really curious to see if he'll respond to you.
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 23/08/2006 12:24 pm