Clear all

Coming to England - Easter '08

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@danlasley)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Laura and I will be in the Manchester area over the Easter weekend, with plans to see 4 soccer games in 5 days. We don't have the exact game schedule yet, and we are planning to arrive two days early, but that's the plan. We would love to meet up with the GN UK contingent, and possibly participate in a Stone Soup Jam (we'll bring the rocks), but don't know exactly when. We're assuming that we'll be overwhelmed by the ManU Liverpool game Saturday. We know that there are no games on Easter Sunday, but we have no idea how sacred that day is relative to socializing or jamming. But I'm sure we can work something out.

When we know more, I'll probably post in the UK Seminar thread as well.

Anyone going to be in the area?

Posted : 08/01/2008 5:10 pm
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

I wish I could be there.

I went to Manchester for 4 days in November to see the Sex Pistols. A great concert.

Manchester is a very nice city to visit, big enough to have lots of interesting things to do, small enough to walk most places. Most things, food, drink, shopping is about half the price of London, but I assume prices are higher than in the US these days, given the state of the dollar.

Have fun, Laz.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

Posted : 10/01/2008 12:33 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member
Topic starter

So we leave tomorrow (3/18) and return 3/26. Laura and I plan to see Scrybe and Vic Lewis on Monday, and jam a little.

We have tix to Manchester United v Liverpool - hah!

Post-trip report will be posted when we return.

Dan/Laz

Posted : 17/03/2008 3:21 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member
Topic starter

We're back... Nice gig report from Scrybe in the News section.

Posted : 26/03/2008 6:56 pm