Clear all

Derekslide hoist by his own petard

31 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

That didn't take long. Derek emailed me on my gmail account about the highlander post. He wanted me to delete that expletive twisted lefty's post.

Twisty actually PM'd Derek who forwarded it to me and asked me to talk to Twisty:

Remember, Derekslide, (in your own words) "quality control"?

You're beginning to "piss off" some people.
Just a friendly suggestion:
Generate topics on a "must need to know" basis . . . not just some thought that falls out of your head on to the keyboard.

I wrote back:

ehhh.....I think he's giving good advice. Perhaps a little over the top but I think he's trying to help.

Derek replies

See this is why I get so fucking pissed at admins. They take the other guys side no matter if they have 2 posts or 20,000 posts it really doesn't matter. They can act like dickheads all they want make a some what simular thread and have more pull then I do and I've been fucking obeying rules and so on.

I'm evening reading posts now before replying back just to make sure I understand it like we agreed on.

Maybe I don't act stupid enough or something I don't know.

To which I reply

Maybe you should read something into that. I take the side of those I think are right. He's saying don't post as much, the other people are saying do your research before posting.

Neither of those are out of line.

To which he responds

And I told you a long time ago I have a bad heart that will not allow me to have a real job, and thus creating lots of time to post and read.

I don't think I was ever accepted as a ""OUR FORUM MEMBER"" because if I was you and other people wouldn't give me shit.

Maybe you should just fucking ban me I know that's what you want to fucking do anyways.

And if you don't do it I'll make you do it. I got some stuff for a really bad thread. and all I ever wanted to do was to fit in ""Become a OUR MEMBER"

but you and every one else rather shit on my face.

To which I responded

If you insist. Sorry it didn't work out.

but it continues

Your all ways taken sides even when I've explained shit to you it goes in one ear and out the other.

and, after cleaning up the diet coke I spit out laughing, I reply

Please stop emailing me now. I've done what you asked and banned you.

Posted : 14/08/2008 12:46 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Nick, wasn't that Kenrogers2's PM to Derek? He - Kenrogers2 - pm'd me earlier, telling me he'd sent a PM to Derek, which is the same word for word as the above. Unless derek's got it wrong (how unlikely is that!) or....conspiracy theory, anyone?

I did tell KR2 there was nothing there I thought offensive, but to prepare for a backlash anyway....

All the same, I think few tears will be shed......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 14/08/2008 12:54 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

He cut and paste from both so maybe I got it wrong. Regardless, his wish has been granted. I banned the username, IP address and email. He's still emailing me, but I'll block him in a while.

If anybody asks I think the truth is in order. Oddly enough he specifically asked to be banned not once, but twice and we finally obliged him.

Oh and God Bless KenRogers2

Posted : 14/08/2008 1:04 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I thought over on BRB he was responding to my mild praise and encouragement to continue, with a nice comment and question about his gear, when he posted a video "solo" that was unaccompanied noodling around in the blues scale. Then Roadkill46, who has a running feud with Derek, posted "Yawn." Derek changed his avatar to the text "not banned yet" and has started posting "Buwahahah!" on many threads. Strange dude.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 14/08/2008 1:12 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

You should let the other mod(s) on BRB know he's been banned and watch for the full moon behavior to start.

Posted : 14/08/2008 1:17 am
(@davidhodge)

So we're still perfect on the second chances thing, eh?

*sigh*

Peace

Posted : 14/08/2008 1:23 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yep.

Posted : 14/08/2008 1:28 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Now he's gone to posting Spanish obscenities at me:

Haha, tenes follando arrancada Rico. Creo que eso es jodido gracioso como el infierno

Posted : 14/08/2008 1:51 am
(@davidhodge)

I deleted the post in "In The Studio." It was certainly past the point of usefulness long ago.

Peace

Posted : 14/08/2008 1:56 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wrong answer. Any post of Derek's asking for advice was past it's point of usefulness upon creation.

Posted : 14/08/2008 2:13 am
(@davidhodge)

True.

I'm thinking, though, that instead of leaving his old posts up where many of our members may decide to unleash months of pent-up frustration and anger, that it might not be a bad idea to just take them down. If that's at all possible.

Peace

Posted : 14/08/2008 2:20 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

He went all around BRB posting Spanish cursing, and brags "You didn't know I could speak Spanish, did you?"

I messaged the admins about what's going on. They'll boot him eventually, as he wants, and either they'll zap all of his posts or I'll have to go back tomorrow and get the latest ones cleaned up. But we're not as "family-oriented" over there, and if he wants to show his butt a bit, I'm not too agitated about getting it quickly stopped. I have told Derek that he's acting like a bratty child, without reason, and that when he says "Everyone hates me and gives me shit" that he's exaggerating a few comments and generalizing them to everyone, and that his life will be very unhappy if he goes on acting that way. I recommended he seek counseling. And told him that he needs to leave the board, feeling the way he does about it. (And couldn't resist, in one of the public posts, replying to his Spanish tirade with "You need help, dude.")

Posted : 14/08/2008 2:24 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

his posts are duh-leted

Posted : 14/08/2008 2:34 am
(@davidhodge)

thanks.

Now maybe we can all log on the boards without worrying where the fires are. I've been lurking on BRB the past week, Ric, and I don't envy you at all. Watching him implode the past three hours has been informative, to say the least. Seems incredibly intent on getting the last word, isn't he? Most of us gave that up in our thirties! :wink:

Peace

Posted : 14/08/2008 2:39 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hey, you guys don't have to lurk, feel free to pop in whenever you have something to contribute! The two boards aren't competitors.

Derek and I have been PMing back and forth. He said he's "35 going on 3" and has been that way ever since he got his pacemaker inserted. I told him I'm really sorry about his health problems, but we ALL have problems, and that some members of the board have worse ones than he or I do. A couple of guys have died recently, one's off taking care of his dying wife, and a couple I know of have terminal illnesses. Maybe it's time to grow up a little past 3.

I noticed a minute ago that Rustyslide, the board owner, was online. I'm going to bed shortly. It's his turn.

Posted : 14/08/2008 2:46 am
Page 1 / 3