Clear all

Home page display problem?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I've noticed lately that when I go to the GN homepage, the Google ads display over top of the menu tabs down the right side of the page. As a result, when I try to click on a tab on the right margin, I get the google link instead.

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 14/08/2006 2:10 pm
(@alangreen)

Not noticed that one

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 14/08/2006 3:11 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Cool. Accidental discovery leads to new money making strategy. I must do more of that.

I didn't know about this glitch and will try to fix it. What is your screen resolution, Tim? And would it be possible for you to send me a screen capture? You're not using a weird browser are you? Weird being something other than Explorer or Firefox?

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 14/08/2006 3:27 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hi Paul,
I can do that, but I need to be reminded about how to do the screen shot. (I do this for you once every two years and always forget how to do it! Sorry.).

I'm using Netscape's lastest incarnation, by the way.

Tim

-- John Lennon

Posted : 14/08/2006 5:33 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Explaining computer things clearly this way is always tough. Although I do speak Geek I don't think I am one. On your keyboard press the button "Print Screen". Then in an image editing program like Paint, or whatever you use to edit photos, open a new file. Select Paste from the Edit menu and you should hopefully see the screen capture. Save it and email it to me at paul@guitarnoise.com.

Any time anyone sees something that doesn't look right on the site please feel free to send me a screen capture. I don't test many browsers and screen resolutions so there are bound to be problems I don't even know about.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 15/08/2006 1:01 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I just sent it off. Thanks for the instructions.

Tim

-- John Lennon

Posted : 15/08/2006 10:57 am