Clear all

Like the new look

23 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I like the new look a lot. It's much cleaner.

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 10/09/2007 2:37 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Yes, it looks very good, and very different. I think I'm going to like it, as soon as I get used to the new proportions and icons.

I'd prefer the Name and Avatar back on the left.

Posted : 10/09/2007 3:06 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

The avatar on the other side is a bit disconcerting. I'm sure Paul will add a style or two to choose from once he's recovered.

Posted : 10/09/2007 3:41 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Very nice! I especially like the way the avatars are automatically sized! Those giant avatars really got on my nerves!! :D

EDIT: Just realized that it puts a little "Online" banner near the avatar to let everyone know who's online! Cool! Also noticed that mods aren't green anymore but Nick and Paul are red! I also really like the "Report This Post" button! Just out of curiosity, though, to whom does the post get reported and what happens to it once it is reported?

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 10/09/2007 3:52 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Frankly, I like the avatar on the right, just because it shakes things up a bit.

Tim

-- John Lennon

Posted : 10/09/2007 4:12 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Oh my, there is a whole new set of Mod tools. Messages and Logs and things. I wonder how they work. Click on "Moderator Controls" under the "User Profile" near the top left.

Posted : 10/09/2007 4:48 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Very nice! I especially like the way the avatars are automatically sized! Those giant avatars really got on my nerves!! :D

Also noticed that mods aren't green anymore but Nick and Paul are red!

It seems that Nick/Paul are logged both as Admin and as "Global Moderators", and yet the rest of the Mods can still do Moderator things like Edit or Delete.

It's the little things...

Posted : 10/09/2007 5:03 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Two things I noticed were, the new code tag box screws up the ESD tabs and also, I can't see the Mod Lounge in the forum index.

The only two ways I can get here is through "view my posts" or "jump to" when I'm in a particular forum. Unless that was by design.

Posted : 10/09/2007 5:50 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Oh my, there is a whole new set of Mod tools. Messages and Logs and things. I wonder how they work. Click on "Moderator Controls" under the "User Profile" near the top left.

Wow! That's pretty cool! That also answers my question about the "Report This Post" button! And I really like the moderator log! :D Just plum nifty!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 10/09/2007 6:26 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I have to give this a thumbs up also. A bit confusing at first but I think its pretty well thought out. I hope this will help with the spam problem 8)

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 10/09/2007 10:06 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've got to give it some time to get used to it before I decide whether I like it or not. If I get used to it, that almost amounts to the same as liking it. :wink:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 11/09/2007 2:00 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hey, I just noticed something interesting: "Users browsing this forum: Ricochet and 1 guest." What's a guest doing browsing the Super Secret Moderator's Lounge and Snackbar?

Posted : 11/09/2007 2:02 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

What's a guest doing browsing the Super Secret Moderator's Lounge and Snackbar?
Probably trying to get their hands on our sandwiches! :D

I'm still as fresh as everyone else on the new forums. Lots of features and functions I haven't figured out or stumbled upon yet.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 11/09/2007 6:41 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

It seems like it always says "guest", as though that might be a default values.

-- John Lennon

Posted : 11/09/2007 10:01 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'm just curious about that "1 guest." If it's a cataloguing bot, its access to private forums may need to be limited, too.

Before they caught on and changed access privileges, for years I used to read "private" U.S. military pages on technical subjects I was interested in, because Google would catalog them and pull them up for direct access by clicking on the link. Probably means I have a file and some poor bored soul in the NSA has to monitor everything I browse now, but it was all out there for anyone who wanted to look. Our sandwiches may not be so private, either.

Posted : 11/09/2007 11:11 am
Page 1 / 2