Mungo Nick

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick,
Just in case you don't check the thread, Mungo Jerry is one of the Cats in T.S. Eliot's poem and in Weber's musical.

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 24/03/2004 2:12 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

My ignorance astounds me

Posted : 24/03/2004 2:16 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

That's good, because my lunacy astounds me! Now can you tell me who your Mungo Jerry is and how he connects to Donna Summers?
Tim

-- John Lennon

Posted : 24/03/2004 2:25 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Mungo Jerry was a one hit wonder of the late sixties.  His contribution was  "In the Summertime"

You'd recognize it immediately.

Posted : 24/03/2004 2:51 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

We could start another game "six degrees of..."  Where someone posts two albums or artists and asks for the linkage.

Posted : 24/03/2004 2:54 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yeah, I know that tune.... nice tune.  Yes, the six degrees idea had occurred to me -- I've played it on another board.  

These little games help me avoid early senility -- well, maybe not avoid it but retard its progress anyway.  Why don't you kick that one off?

Tim

-- John Lennon

Posted : 24/03/2004 3:57 pm
(@alangreen)

Ah, Mungo Jerry (real name Roy Dorsey) had another couple of hits in the early 70's - "Baby Jump", which was real rubbish, and "Alright, alright, alright" which was repetitive.

A :-)
Showing his age

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 24/03/2004 4:49 pm