Clear all

nay-seven

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I'm the one who originally sent his first post to EL. I did it because he spent more time talking about Usine than he did talking about himself. It struck me as more spam for Usine than it did as a general "here I am" post. His second post http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=43856 still hits me the exact same way. If you go to the Sensomusic link he posted , his name is all over the place as one of the builders (Note the left side of the screen and "New synthesis pack by Nay-Seven.") I just feel in my bones that he is not here to contribute to the forum but to drum up business for himself. If that is the case, shouldn't he be offered the "advertisers" deal? (For a small fee we will run your ad.... etc...) Or a link exchange?

I hate to argue with David and (OMG!) Nick, and I wouldn't ordinarily, but I feel in my heart of hearts that he is simply using us for advertisement.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 20/03/2009 8:12 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I thought the same thing when I read his first post; "He's not introducing himself, he's plugging Usine." Whatever that is. Maybe you should have stuck it in "Site and Product Promotion" rather than EL?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 20/03/2009 9:24 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I thought of that, but, when I went to the site I noticed that they're charging 70 Euros for the whole program, that led me back to free advertising.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 20/03/2009 9:39 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I thought of that, but, when I went to the site I noticed that they're charging 70 Euros for the whole program, that led me back to free advertising.

In that case, I agree with you!

I didn't read that far - like I said, he's promoting something on these forums. I thought, well, it's guitar related and maybe it's of interest to some....but I didn't know he stood to make money out of it. And I'm presuming here, but if he's making money out of advertising his wares on GN, shouldn't GN get some of that advertising revenue? That's the way it works, yes?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 20/03/2009 10:01 pm
(@davidhodge)

I should be sheepishly raising my hand to say that I was the one who deleted his first post. I noticed the one in EL and then in the course of my moderating duties saw another one in a different forum and didn't know that Nick had moved it back, so I deleted it.

Then I saw his posts in the "Meet and Greet" page and thought, well, at least he's acting like a real person.

Personally, I am hoping that my gut feeling isn't right on this and that he'll actually turn out to be truly interested in the community. We'll see.

Peace

Posted : 21/03/2009 1:18 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

The usine thing sounds familiar -- I think I may have put some of those in site promotion.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 21/03/2009 9:14 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Personally, I am hoping that my gut feeling isn't right on this and that he'll actually turn out to be truly interested in the community. We'll see.

Peace

I hope so, too, but I really feel that his posts deserve watching.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 21/03/2009 4:49 pm